Your opinion about sports in schools today

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby saz » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:43 pm

Enigma we all tried that but they used to force us to take part either in the clothes from the lost property or just in knickers, vests and school shoes. Was awful.

We all used to wear leggins underneath our skirts and have the skirts skimming our ankles, trainers and white jumpers underneath our shirts. Needless to say, we spend most of our lunch times in detention for wearing non regulation school uniform. There was even a teacher on the door to the lunch room who checked to see how low you were wearing your skirt, what was underneath it and other things.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:52 pm

Yeah, depending on the mood of the teacher the pupils were sometimes made to wear anonymous lost property that smelled bad and was unusually damp.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:55 pm

And was about 50 years old and had belonged to a 1st year it was so small. They even had a lost property pants department at my school, for those unexpected accidents (were common apparently). Also shoes and trainers were the worst. If you wore unregulation shoes you had to go and get some from lost property it was repulsive.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby scooby*do » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:00 pm

I wasnt allowed to play football when I was at school and hated netball, :evil: , but we did play basketball and I liked rounders and hockey. :D

But teenage girls and boys should play their own sex because the lads do get stronger than the girls.............however I think women were banned from playing football by the F.A. years ago because they were beating the men........would love to know if this was true and thats why we are lagging behind other countries with womens football.
scooby*do
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby smile » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:42 pm

I disagree completely. Girls these days are out to prove a point and therefore we do play 'real' football. You can be stuck in the dark ages and think that girls aren't meant for football (no offence intended) or you can accept that we are as competeive as boys.

At my school we play hockey and football and we get osme pretty good games. In primary school we played in mixed teams and it was good because if you don't play in mixed teams then it will make the kids think that there is a reason that boys and girls play seperately.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:40 pm

Sorry smile I disagree
There is a reason why the boys and girls dont play footy together
Men are stronger(physically)
I think the day they try and play men and women together at football will destroy the beutiful game
Can you see Beckham playing against a women defender It aint right and Im not being sexist Because Im not I promise
I have no problem with womens footy
But dont mix it
It will destroy the game I love
depman :wink:
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:46 pm

From a personal point of view, i wouldn't have played sports with boys in senior school. Even at primary school playing rounders, the boys' main objective was to throw the ball AT the girls, and when we lost the girls always got blamed.

To make a mixed game fair you would have to pick all players who didn't have a problem with the other sex. Most boys i knew would just taunt and belittle girls, because they can be immature. Adult games would be easier because people would be more mature but you would always get someone who was a dark ages person and wouldn't play fairly. In a same sex game, i think a team plays better because men dont want to be beaten by girls and vice versa, but they dont mind being beaten by the same sex as much.

So its not that i dont agree with it, i just dont think it would work.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:06 pm

Good points saz
Your right it woudnt work with footy
But some sports it would
I think you are right that boys would taunt girls
But like I already said men and women playing football I pray that this never happens I can honestly say that I dont think it would but if it did I think almost 100% of men and some women will never watch football again our beutiful game would be destroyed
We have got to think about other countries they wouldnt allow it
But this stupid country is too politically correct :wink:

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:34 am

It would make it more interesting for me to see some women kicking ass on the pitch.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:15 am

How do you think women would deal with the taunting from the crowd? Even David Beckham finds that difficult to cope with.

I think that professional women players would be less likely to be in the papers every day, boozing, roasting men hehe, drug taking, getting in fights and being caught speeding. Therefore women would be more focused and dedicated than some young players today (not all before you all shout at me, just some). But then men would be complaining that the women players wanted to take maternity leave.

Is so interesting i just cant see how the dynamics of it would work.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:15 am

But then men would be complaining that the women players wanted to take maternity leave

Exactly He He :lol:
If women took it Seriously like Teddy sheringham/Dennis wise for instance who want to go into full time managment then a proffesional woman like Beckham for instance must know that she can never have children as it is a full time commitment
If she was to turn around and say I have got to take a year off now for maternaty leave then her footy career is finished because a footballer had to keep himself in trim right up until he retires

So you see proffessional football will always be played by men
Its not sexist it is a fact men are men and women are women and some things cant be equal and that is not sexist it is a fact. 8)

Ps I have never been sexist I just see the facts :)

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:00 pm

I dont think you are being sexist, some people might say you are but you are saying how things are in professional sport.

Althetes (say runners) are able to take some time out to have kids etc but as a footballer like you say it is a full time job. They train all year round, even on christmas day and to have all that time off for family wouldn't help their careers. It would work if the whole team were women, but not if they were mixed. How would you make things fair for both sexes? It is a womans right to have time off for babies but this would mean that male players wouldn't get the same treatment, therefore causing tension i think.

My personal belief is a woman who has children should devote more time to them than any career. I am not saying that women shouldn't work or have a career, but football is your whole life, you eat and sleep it. This wouldn't be fair on the kids, i even think this is true for fathers too. If you make the decision to have children then your career should come second, not first.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:03 pm

I know in my personal opinion i wouldnt want to play with the boys, i would be to scared :D
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:11 pm

Me to sovs, as i have already said my experience of playing sports with guys wasn't very nice. Even football in the park always ended in tears cos boys dont know how to or want to play with girls. You would have to change so many people's attitudes.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:24 pm

I suppose I can see where your coming from. I have always been very competititve and always hated it when the girsl were seperated from the boys at lunch because 'we weren't good enough'.

I don't thikn that we could play in mixed teams professionally but at school I don't think it is a problem because it is all about the sport itself, it's not really about who wins.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat