Sleep position gives personality clue

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Enigma » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:06 pm

If you want an insight into somebody's true personality, then try to catch a glimpse of the way they sleep.

Scientists believe the position in which a person goes to sleep provides an important clue about the kind of person they are.

(read full article...)

I fall asleep in the 'freefaller' the majority of the time. That's when I actually get to bed, of course lol.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:17 pm

Very intestesting, thanks enigma!

I sleep in the foetal position at the start and majority of the night but during the early hours i often switch between the yearner and soldier - very confusing! I dont sleep deeply because of the baby and tend to shift around a lot, just sleep however it is comfortable.

My partner sleeps totally freefaller with most of his body on top of the duvet. I cocoon myself in it completely right up to my ears i hate any bits poking out.

Does anyone else find it impossible to sleep on their front? I just find it so uncomfortable it doesn't feel right. I have laid like that but hate it have never slept that way.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:25 pm

I'm the opposite saz, find it difficult to fall asleep lying on my back. Well, unless I'm drunk. You can't spell "freefaller" without "fall" he he. I don't know what goes on while I'm asleep, but I usually wake up on my back. I've got quite bushy hair at the moment, and when I wake up the hair is inexplicably disordered.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:30 pm

My daughter will only sleep on her front! Unless she is in the car, she cant sleep on her back at all and since the day she could roll over, this is how she sleeps all night long. But she goes up and down the cot, sometimes sideways!? I have no idea how i am ever going to get her to sleep in a bed with pillows and blankets!! That is another thing, she likes to be uncovered just like her dad. Strange isn't it.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Smiler_Princess » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:22 pm

Hiya, thanks for the site Enigma :wink:

I was like your daughter when I was a baby saz; I would only sleep on my front.

The way I sleep isn't on there but I sometimes sleep in the "Freefall" position and occasionally the "Yearner" I find it very uncomfortable and difficult to sleep on my back aswell.

I usually lie on my front with one arm sticking out and one bent so my hand is just below my neck and have my legs sticking out of the duvet sideways and pointing to each other. Strange position lol.
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sovs » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:24 pm

Im a yearner, i sleep on my side holding the covers to my chest.

I havent really thought about it before.
Very interesting.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:30 pm

Same as sovs we both sleep the same
We both have similar personalities maybe thats the attraction :D
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:00 pm

I start off with the freefall but then tend to end up as in the foetus position.

My duvet position... I tend to cover myself entirely with the duvet. I then have dreams that I'm trapped underneath a blanket. :roll:
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:55 pm

I have heard that some relationship experts look at the way couples sleep and there have been suggestions that different sleeping positions (different to each other) can indicate whether you are a good match or not. Apparently spoons is a good way to sleep, but one on their back and one on their front isn't a good match i think. This is how me and my partner sleep so this might have a bit of truth sometimes!!
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:57 pm

Sorry people, but other scientists have disprooved theory. People move into many different positions at night which stops them from getting cramp. They dont indicate anything its just the body moving different parts at different times to stop cramp and muscle aching.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LoVe BuG » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:17 pm

I sleep in the freefall position lol then i turn in to the foetus position *snowflake*
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:23 pm

When you are heavily pregnant you are not allowed to sleep on your back and should sleep only on your left side, so i ended up sleeping upright on 10 pillows all night for months. My legs used to go dead sleeping on my side cos of the weight.

During this time i didn't move much it was to tiring. Was the worst time of my life, worse than having a newborn cos then you actually get to sleep during the few hours they sleep, when you are pregnant you dont sleep at all cos of discomfort.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby halfwaythere » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:14 am

I don't sleep I have the almighty power of staying awake, forever :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
To The World You Are One Person But To One Person You Are The World
halfwaythere
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:20 am

Mr.L, this is following recent research.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:59 pm

I sleep in foetal to begin with, although i move around alot.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Chit Chat