Anti-depressing Thoughts

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do you enjoy life

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 15

Anti-depressing Thoughts

Postby halfwaythere » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:46 pm

I'm am usually a very positive person and i have been wondering whas different with me to many other people in this world who are depressed. I thought of a few points

1) Your up bringing, that is obviously a very important part of your life and if you don't get a nice up bringing you can be really negative, i guess i'm just lucky on that account.

2) Your past, I have one thought always reminding me i can get though anything. When my parents split up i went though hell but i was only 9/10ish so i didn't end up feeling really down as i didn't understand those sort of thoughts at that age. Nowdays whenever something bad happens i always, subconsiously, think back to those days, think how happy everybody is now and realise everything comes out best, if you give it time. I think i'm lucky by doing this subconsiously but it is a thought people can take on. I also think back and realise I came out of that better as well as the rest of my family, just to give it a more personal touch.

3) The future. I really find life fun the whole idea of not knowing what's round the corner makes life really fun. I know people don't like this thought, they want life to stay the same, not change so everything is easy to keep on top of, however it isn't, we have to make the most of it. See it as a challenge thats keeping you alive and without it, we would be nowhere.

Any other suggestions.

I hope this can help some people

Steve -x- :D :D
To The World You Are One Person But To One Person You Are The World
halfwaythere
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:27 pm

Life is what we make it.

Your right though, if you have a terrible childhood its hard to put it behind you, but thats what we must learn to do, or we will never have the life we deserve and dream of.
I have things from my childhood that i will never disclose on here but i put them out of my mind and enjoy the life i chose...a wonderful husband and a lovely little son.
We can dwell on our pasts or look to a better future.

Enjoy life as its there for living.

All the best to you
sovs xxx
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LoVe BuG » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:42 pm

I hate life as i make mine very depressing as 1. i self-harm! 2.i'm horrible to the people i care about most! so they make me fell miserable aswell!
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby woopdecker » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:50 pm

How do you put things behind when they keep coming up behind you and kicking the hell out ya mates? I had a bad childhood, and have put most of it behind me, but there's still one thing that lingers that i can't seem to get rid of.
The future scares some people, as like you said, you don't know what's to come.
It's difficult to think positve when you've been negative for years, but i'm sure once you gasp this, it'll become naturel soon..... i hope :-?

woop
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby depman » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:13 pm

I do enjoy life but the financial side gets me down sometimes

My childhood was fine up until I was 13 when my parents split it was then I started getting into trouble Things were probably better after 18
I found myself properly when I was about 21 and I was very confident with myself
But when I was 24-26 I had my personality and everything about me messed up by a girl that treated me very badly and pushed me so far to the floor
When I was 27 I met sovs and things were much better but even we had problems with a miscarriage and then a bad pregnancy and finally relationship problems but we are fine now and couldnt be better and have a lovely son and we realise how much we love each other.

So my life has been up and down hopefully it will stay up from now on

ps Read my message at the bottom because that is what Ive always had to do :wink:
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:59 am

I have a good outlook on life i think, like Depmans message at the bottom. Sometimes i dont feel so great but always pick up again. I am determined to prove to people that i wont let the past drag me down, like it has some of the people around me. Determination is a very good thing.

I haven't had a great life, in fact it was rubbish at times and still can be but I get scared of the thought of dying miserable. As in never had fun, never did anything exciting and always feeling down about life. I have had a lot of fun in the past.

For the moment i am concerntrating on my family, but i am hoping i will relive my teenage years in my 40's and 50's when the kids have grown up and left.

I wouldn't wish my childhood on anyone, but i know there are people out there who had worse ones and go on to have worse lives than me.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:15 pm

think of other's misfortune
it's bitter but it works
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:26 pm

Just look to the future, you can be whereever you want to be. All you need is the confidence to do so.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:18 pm

saz wrote:...but I am hoping I will relive my teenage years in my 40's and 50's when the kids have grown up and left.

If they ever grow up and leave he he...
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:48 am

They better had do by the time they are old enough, which i see at an age of about 23 ish, maybe a bit older at the LATEST! Kids have to leave home and fend for themselves at some point, i cant support them forever.

Even if they do still live at home, what is to stop me going out on the town with them anyway? Hehe i will boogy on down with me kids in the local nightclub!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:31 pm

Sounds like a plan!
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Smiler_Princess » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:09 pm

lol. Bless you saz - I'm sure they will have left by the time you're old and wrinkly. :P

I was always the happiest, bubbliest, friendliest lil girl and always had a BIG smile on my face! :D Or so I am told. Hehe. But a while ago I got a lil depressed for a while but have bounced right back! lol :P

You only get one chance in life. (with exceptions like my mum :wink: ) So you've gotta make the most of what you've got and APPRECIATE it! Too many people take everything for granted. It upsets me.

Live as though you'll die tomorrow & die knowing you've lived everyday!

I can't stress just how much you've gotta make the most of your life because you can never relive a single day. Every minute is precious xxx

Smiler_Princess :roll:
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:13 pm

This story is something to think about:

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly and painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the world outside. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it for himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Smiler_Princess » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:19 pm

Arrrrr! That's so nice... :roll:

Bless him
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mr.L » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:46 pm

You cant jsut kill how you feel with a happy thought. Sometimes its good to feel bad.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Chit Chat