Anti-depressing Thoughts

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do you enjoy life

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 15

Postby Mr.L » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:49 pm

You people dont understand. That story about those men is not going to help someone who is depressed. They just wont care. When you feel so down you just dont care, death seems to be a beautiful thing and it makes you feel worse to have all these happy images, people and stuff everywhere when you just want to be alone and feel bad. I know most people here wont understand anything i am saying but if you were in mine or anyone esle who has experienced depression and self harm you would.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:41 am

Hmmm, i do see where Mr.L is coming from on this one.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:08 am

However down and horrible i have ever felt, i have always had a little voice in the back of my head (it is like my mums voice) telling me to pick myself up and sort myself out. I never have or will see death as a beautiful thing, it is something which takes you away from your loved ones and causes misery for them.

I have found a very good sort of therapy is working in hospitals where people are disadvantaged, ill etc. I find that it helps me to put things into perspective, like Smiles story might someone else, and also help them at the same time. I like putting smiles on peoples faces and cheering up their day, even if mine feels really bad it helps me.

That story might not help you, but it might make someone else feel better Mr L.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:39 pm

Mr. L, this topic is called anti depressing thoughts. I posted that story so that some people could understand what lengths people go to to help each other. I thought it was quite nice and it may just pick someone up when reading that.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:46 pm

Well smile i really liked it. I would like to think that someone would do that for me and vice versa.

When my aunty was in hospital and diagnosed with terminal cancer, she got up and helped all the elderly people with their dinners, put their slippers on and opened windows etc. She is the bravest, kindest person i know, i dont think i would be as brave.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LoVe BuG » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:28 pm

I really liked the poem smile it was sweet and it atcually made me abit upset!!LOL!! *tongueheart*
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Smiler_Princess » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:48 pm

I really liked it too! :roll:
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby -iron- » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:53 pm

i almost always feelin happy :D i just take everyting as it comes, there is always summat new :D i love life :D but i spose that is just me :P
show them no fear, show them no pain
-iron-
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Anom » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:02 pm

That story is so sweet. Just shows what some people do for others even if its hard (or in this case impossible) to do. If only all people were as considerate....
Anom
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

heaven

Postby JC_FREAK » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:18 pm

I think of heaven when I get down, when things are tuff on this yucky earth, I think of the happiness and the wonder of what it is going to be like. The gold streets, the pure water. A place where there is no sin, no hurt, no tears, no death. Paridise!!
[-o<
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3v16
[-o<

:grouphug:

*rudolph1*
JC_FREAK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jupiter » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:20 am

when im happy im happy whern im sad im sad, but whern i feel sad i usually call my friends or get a hug from my mum. also i like buying flowers and presents for my grandma it makes me feel good when im down. but maybe its just the kinda person i am.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Chit Chat