Strangest Injury?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Strangest Injury?

Postby Fidel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:01 pm

Im very injury prone and I'm already nursing a broken rib but yesterday in training I fractured my pelvis and it's awfully sore. I fel back and hit it off a bolt thing holding the astroturf down. It's not a bad fracture but I missed school today.
It's quite embarrassing but funny
Whats the strangest thing thats happened to u??
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:59 am

My baby threw herself backwards on top of my nose and broke it recently. It hurt a lot!

Also when i was 11 i was on a school holiday and on the beach a huge rock fell on my foot. I had to go to hospital with my teachers and have my broken toenails pulled off and my foot strapped up for weeks. Also because there was so much blood one of the other girls had an asthma attack and in the ambulance they left me with my bleeding foot and had to sort her out instead!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:17 am

I've never actually broken anything yet. Touch wood. Although I did get my toe stuck in a hoover once. Had to use a lot of washing up liquid! How did I do that I hear you ask. My brother and I were playing around and he directed the nozzle thing onto my foot, then suddenly my toe disappeared! :o
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Smiler_Princess » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:43 am

lol :D

I've never broken anything yet either...

When I was a child though my cousin threw the corner of hard plastic box (a broken one) at my head and had to have my eyebrow stitched up.

I think that's it! :P
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rammsteinrainbow » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:53 am

I fell off the top of a slide when i was about 3. Lots of blood coughed up, but nothing serious, fortunately.
rammsteinrainbow
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby depman » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:31 am

LOL smile

I fell off climbing frame when I was little and still have a scar on my forehead

Also came off my chopper bike and chipped my tooth
I now have a crown there
Talking of dentists I have got to go there now bye :wink:
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:29 pm

My sister when she was 4 fell over in Oxford Street at xmas time and cut her face up we had to go to hospital it was mental, police and ambulances everywhere in the christmas rush. I just remember crying my eyes out.

Then the next year exactly the same time of year i pushed her over in a bed shop and we ended up in casualty cos she cut her face open. She was the fairy in the school play and had to do it with black eyes and stitches bless her.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:58 pm

ahhh bless!

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jupiter » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:41 pm

once i was walking towards the door and my dad opened it and hit my head knocking me over, i iterally had a bump like on the cartoons lol, i had it for 4 weeks and i had just strated a new school :oops: :oops:
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Heh heh!

Postby Irish Rose » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:57 pm

Well,

I've fallen 30 foot down a mountain, just escaped going down a waterfall by about two inches (straight after falling down the mountain)
And escaped with a sprained wrist and a cracked cheekbone, and a badly bruised face.

I tore a muscle doing a kick in karate - apparently that was really funny to watch, heh heh!

And just last week i sprained my neck by moshing (headbanging, grunging, whatever ya wanna call it) to rock music in a club.

I also lost one and a half knuckles by misjudging the distance to turn the light switch on in the dark

I dislocated my ankle on St Paddy's day 2003 by falling off a 2cm high platform on the edge of a dancefloor while jigging... lmao! the tutors at college (this is at the college pub) thought i'd fallen over cos i were drunk, and just left me there for my friends to pick up, lol!

Hmm... nah, can't think of any more right now! the only two there that i actually went to hospital for are when i did my ankle in and when i fell down the mountain (that one was only cos the teacher made me! i was on a school trip at the time) I've never broken anything that i know of, exept a couple fingers that i found out months after i did it. Apparently the same thing with my bad wrist - i don't feel pain the same way that other people do apparently!
"And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To Ireland where my heart lies."
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby depman » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:36 pm

I would take it easy in future :D

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:00 am

I've had quite a few freak accidents. First one where i was accidentally dropped by my dad on a stone fireplace when i was three. My head was split open and i had to have 24 stitches in my head :-? .

Second one was when i was about 6. My granddad had dropped me off at home after spending the night at my grandparent's house. I was running towards the house when all of a sudden i tripped and fell on the front door step and winded myself on the on the edge of the step. I dont remember much after that, but my granddad had to rush me to hospital as i was going limp, my eyes were rolling back and my lips were turning blue. Apparently my mum was slapping me around the face to try and keep me awake. :o

Third time was were i was upstairs in my bedroom with a friend (i was about 7-8 ) and we were both looking out of an open window, and i spotted another friend who lived 2 doors down from me. So i decided to climb up on the window ledge to call her and get her attention. Just as i was leaning out of the window a sudden strong gust blew and i lost my balance and fell out the window and landed on my belly (bellyflop :lol: ). My friend ran screaming down to my mum to tell her what happened and i was yet again rushed to hospital were i spent the night there. And the only injury i got from falling out the window was a tiny bruise on my knee.

Forth accident was were i tripped up over my own shoelaces and broke my wrist. #-o should of listen to my mother when she told me to make sure my laces were done up!

There are loads more accidents i have had, but if i typed them all out i'd be here all night :lol:. Anyone else this accident prone?
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:37 am

Bless.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby halfwaythere » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:58 pm

there's a thing on our local radio station bout strange injuries and one of the best ones i heard was this.

a man wanted to check out the guttering around the back of his house. He was quiet scared of heights so he got a rope and tied it to an im-moveable object round the front of the house and chucked it round to the back. He pulled himself up and tied the rope around him so he knew if he fell he would only fall to that level and not smack the ground. So he got to work quiet confidently on the guttering.
Later on his wife came home from her friends house and not being able to find her husband to tell her she was goin out again she just decided to go, only to go in THE im-moveable object.
The man got flipped over the roof and dragged along the road by the car. He broke both his legs arm and collar bone #-o I bet that hurt
To The World You Are One Person But To One Person You Are The World
halfwaythere
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Smiler_Princess » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:07 pm

lol! I bet he never went back up there that's for sure.
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Next

Return to Chit Chat