Strangest Injury?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Llisa » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:22 pm

My dad was a carpenter and built free standing swings all the time. When I was three, we hasd a bunch of missionaries from Africa staying at our place, and they had four boys around my age. They were on the swing and I was 'pushing' it from behind. One of the older boys didn't think I was pushing hard enough, so he stood in front on the swing and gave it a huge shove. Then entire thing fell over backwards on top of me and litterally broke my leg in half. I had a walking ast on for about 5 months I think...and when you're three...that isn't easy. The scariest part was getting it removed...when a SWINGING rotating saw came down from the ceilling to slice through it..not a fun experiene.
The only other serious injury I've had was about two years ago...I worked out a lot, and apparently pulled a muscle in my stomach. Well, I didn't really know and never gave it the proper amount of rest it needed. I kept working out nad 6 months later I could barely get out of bed. No one knew what was wrong with me and I had to travel half was across the province to a specialty doctor to get it checked out. When we discovered what was wrong, I was put on temp. bed rest for a YEAR. That pretty much means that I was only allowed to go to the necessary places and no where else. I couldn't play sports, go on big trips, or work out obviously. It was a pain in the neck, but I only kept it up for about 8 months before I went back to being my normal self. I still have a permanent pain in my stomach...but it's not as bad as it once was.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:27 pm

Pain in the neck? More like pain in the stomach...
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:28 pm

You will all laugh at mine!

When I was younger I was sitting in front of the TV with a bowl of peanuts, and for some odd reason decided to push one up my nose....

Resulted in an operation as it was stuck right underneath my eye.

Lol, you gotta laugh!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

rofl!

Postby Irish Rose » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:40 pm

I can't believe you did that! rofl!

Whatever possessed you to do that in the first place? :lol:

Well, i just remembered this post when i was talking to my mum the other day, and i asked her how i got a scar next to my eye... It's a pretty deep one too - surely i would remember getting that!

Anyway, she said that when i were about three i was playing on a roundabout when some older kids came and started spinning it round really fast. I came flying off it and got a piece of bark stuck into my eye. Apparently it just missed going into my eyeball, and i had to try and keep my eye open til it got pulled out. (ouch - that must have hurt!)
"And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To Ireland where my heart lies."
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:42 pm

Lol dont ask - I was about 6 at the time, Knowing me, probably just wondered what it's like, I was a funny little girl!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fallen Angel » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:01 pm

I dunno how sos dont ask!!
I pulled sumthing in my bum! :oops:
Oops!!! My halo's slipped!
fallen Angel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to Chit Chat