Filming?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Filming?

Postby Raven » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:58 pm

i got a digital video cam for chrimbo, and i haven't a clue what to film! I really wanna use it frequently as i know it cost a loooooot.... it has loads cool features too, so i wanna use em all..

so far, i've filmed my rat rummaging in my moms handbag, and i filmed my mom and dad being weird and puttin on funny accents..

i really wanna make something "meaningful" if you get me... like something properly filmy, but i havent a clue

anyone got any ideas?
Raven
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:58 pm

Hey
Maybe you could make like a documentary on your family. You could interview them all and take the camera around the house and film a normal day. You could make it in the style as if it was actually going to be shown on the Telly. that idea sounds kind of kool to me!!
You could be the narrator then at the end finally interview yourself and give your opinion on everything!

I want a camera now!! i wanna film people! :(
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:03 pm

I would do something very meaningful, such as a walkabout in my town.I would narrate it as i go along and see what i find. I would also film funny films sucha as plasticine ones lol. If you have got certain cool features you can make a film and add music to go into the background thus making your own music video.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:48 am

Yeh doing a flim in your town would be nice but i wouldn't really be able to do that where I live, either someone would nick my camera or i would get idiots running in front of it or they would be shouting things. That would actually be something really kool to do but all the places that i would want to show would be places where people could ruin it! :cry:
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby woopdecker » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:51 am

Plasticine ones are always cool to film and lok good when ya finished, but difficult...But the best ones around, i mean, look at Wallace and Gromit!!!!!!

maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:13 pm

You could get some of your mates over and make a mini film and then at the end you could make up some outtakes. lol
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:54 pm

Me and my friends filmed - Trondheim a comical adventure featuring my band
It ended up being so popular that we sold copies
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:44 am

Oh having something with my friends would be cool, maybe theres some kind of hiring thing, me and my friends could all get together and make a supid video of ourselves.

Thats cool that you sold copies of your video fidel, i dont think our little video would be as popular!!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:44 am

If you want a real laugh film a sketch off the telly and repaet it with friends or a music vid. We did Beastie Boys - Intergalactic and it was an utter shambles, but funny as anything to make/watch.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:59 am

Remaking music videos is a good one. Me and a couple of my friends are going to do 'Say My Name' by Destiny's Child some day. We also plan to do the 'Military Fairy' sketch from Monty Python too.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:24 am

the best one we did was stick a "bogglin" on a stick near the bottom of the camera and spent ages running away fom the camera in the woods!!
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby luvva » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:38 pm

LOL
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:07 pm

we write our own sketches. In the seires we wrote to Norway's Eurovision board for a laugh and we got a positive reply.......Jed got an enema ........ a concert was altered due to 4 of the band getting salmonella........we scared away representatives from a German music company even thought they were Scottish and I got kidnapped by our rival band it's a bit like Alan Partiridge meets the Royal family as it has outlandish things that can't be filmed but are just mentioned and often we're sitting about talking but I've had so many people ask us to film more coz they think it's so funny
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:30 pm

Hehe, i know what me and stew did when we borrowed his brothers camcorder to take on holiday once :P (well it was our honeymoon)
We recorded over it quick before we came home, hehe
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:59 pm

Hmmm Its a good job it was deleted :P

My older brother made a video years ago he pulled little matchbox cars along with cotton and made them smash up he edited it poured petrol on them then lit them and carried on filming to make it look like a smash and an explosion
Well it was good in its day :D
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Chit Chat