Can two people of the opposite sex ever be true friends?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:50 pm

it can go both ways really! i have known some of my friends boys and girls who are best mates with each other to go out and still be happily together! on the other hand my best mate was a boy but then he started fancying me and i didn't feel the same and since then we don't talk no more other then the occasional hi!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby madcow » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:29 pm

i have 2 best friends who are guys. I have been out with both of them and come out the other end being bets friends with them. I was best friends with them before and we agreed 2 stay m8s after. Problem being now, that every now and again i think im in love with one of them or we end up kissing and stuff so in a way there is quiet alot of flirting etc. I think a best friend male is different from a female one. Like with guy bets m8s you kinda do more touchy hugy stuff, than with a girl bst m8. but i know ppl hu r bst m8s with a boy nd dnt fancy them at all.
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rachaelrebekah » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:48 pm

I fancy the pants of my best mate n he knows, i told him. we still close as ever n he is always understanding if we go out n his girlfriend comes. some men are ok with it but others just get stupid n let it go to their heads.
rachaelrebekah
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby paganstar » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:13 pm

I think people can be good friends of the oppersite sex,i have a few men friends and thats all they are friends never have i had a sexual encounter with them purely friendship :D
an ye harm none do as ye will
paganstar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Shit_Happens » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:05 pm

i totally agree with you pixiemeat. i am exactly the same. i always fall for my guy mates, even if they are butt ugly i still get at least a crush on them. that may sound slutty, but i can assure you, most of the time it goes no futher than fancying them for a week or two.. lol. i dunno why i always end up liking them, its probably just because they're guys who will actually give you the time of day! haha. (sorry if that offended any of you. i know there are some nice guys out there) so anyway, the answer to this topic. no, guys and girls, just friends? never. well not in my case anyway..
Shit_Happens
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby johfow00 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:11 pm

lads view: I used to be mates with girls but most of the time when i had girl mates summat sexual tended to happen, weather it was spin the bottle or just meeting and kissing etc.... Depends on the lad though but id think most lads would wanna take it further
johfow00
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby BlueRayman » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:49 pm

I have two best friends, a guy and a girl (who are married to eachother). He is my guy'ish, do "bloke stuff" with friend. Where as she is my close talk to about stuff friend.

Me and her do everything togeather and I'd say I love her very much (friendship wise) and I'd say shes the best looking girl i know, as well as been very inteligent and funny. But there is nothing more there than the love a friend feels for another friend. - Apart from the extra things you do for women, give them your jacket when its cold, go to the shop for her because its dark, give up my seat.

But thats just the way a man should be.....

So yes you can be "just" friends with someone of the opposite sex. But thats not to say that you can't be more, if there is something there between the two of you, you should never let that chance go. Relationships with friends can yes, end and you loose the friendship, but some of the most successful relationships i know of have been between people who were friends before.

Bye Bye
---Ray
It takes more than a bullet to stop fate.
BlueRayman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby nothings_shocking » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:50 pm

BlueRayman wrote:Apart from the extra things you do for women, give them your jacket when its cold, go to the shop for her because its dark, give up my seat.

But thats just the way a man should be.....

When have men started doing that? I know ther are but i always end up giving the guy my jacket...and i give my seat up for an elderly person even though there are men sat in the priority seats off the bus... I open doors for people, i let people got first...Am i turning into a man? :o Nice to know some men are like that though.

I think they can be friends without feelings. I have a best friend of both and i wouldn't be without my male friend, i can talk to him about anything doesn't matter what it is we are honest with each other and neither of us have had feelings for each other.
So basically your answer is yes they can.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby crying devil » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:41 am

ive got to say yes and no. some lads you can talk to and you know you always will be able to, but they tend to be the ones who cant actually help you in any way when they do talk to you. The rest of them, well, in my experience, either you'll fall for them or they'll fall for you. AND it always happens at the worst times, it has to be when life is rotten or you're being messed about in some way. It is never as easy as it seems, but oh well
crying devil
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Rock_Queen » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:26 pm

Hmmmm at my age boys are usually only after one thing, so it is difficult to be just friends, having said that i do have a few male friends, but they are very feminine boys :-?
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby *Velvet_Kissies* » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:16 pm

I'd say they can. In rare circumstances, usually theres always a slight attraction between male and female friends.

My Best friend however, Martin. I know for sure there is nothing more than friendship there between us.

We have grown up together, our parents were friends and because of that, he and I have been together since we were very young, around 2 i think it was. Our parents always made on we were going to get married one day and that they were always saving for our wedding. UP to this day we think thats what put us off each other, the way they made us get valentines for each other n everything.

Would never be anything else between me and him, it would destroy so much. Because we grew up together its like we're family, he sees me as a sister and i see him as a brother. it'd be soooooo wrong [-X
* ~ * I am a lightbulb...I Glow! * ~ *
x
x
x
V*k x
*Velvet_Kissies*
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Moose » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:58 pm

The only really good male friend I have ever had started to fancy me, and simply did not believe that I didn't fancy him back! But I really didn't! Anyway, it kind of ruined things between us, and we were never proper friends again. I tend to get on better with girls anyway (yes, I know, most girls say they get on better with boys) - maybe that's coming from a girls-only school. I don't know.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby crying devil » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:24 pm

im one of the many girls who gets on with lads better than girls, i have few female friends as i find most of them far too obsessed with lads. i mean, ive got a boyfriend and to be honest i dont go out looking for a bit of "fun", like most of my female friends do. as ive said before its abit of a yes and a no answer, at the moment ive got a few close male friends, but most of them have wanted more at some point in the past. it gets annoying, but if they realise you don't feel the same then you can actually come out the other end with some good friends. :D
crying devil
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:54 am

I believe its possible to be just friends with the oppersite sex.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Stacker » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:10 pm

I have been best friends with my mate Tony for 8 years and we don't feel at all attracted to each other but I think that's because we have known each other too long and know eacj others bad habits!! :lol:

But on the other hand I was friends with Ryan for a year before we started going out and we ended up getting married and having 2 children before he died (1 after).

So it depends sometimes attraction gets the better of you, the trouble is if you split up you can't be friends afterwards as it gets akward.
Actions speak louder than words.
Stacker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Chit Chat