Whats your escape?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby justin_luver » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:24 pm

when i want to escape i usually write a song or write in my diary. and i usually sing at the trop of my voice.

when im around my mates i usually put on an act and am all hyper. i usually help other people with thier problems to forget mine .
justin_luver
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby misatok11 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:53 pm

I chat to friends or go down the pub.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Smiths_fan » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:34 am

I either go for a walk, a bike ride, or get drunk and listen to music.

Depending on why i need to escape. If I do need to escape, though, its something i need to do by myself, having friends around grounds me in reality.
I saw two shooting stars last night // I wished on them but they were only satellites // Is it wrong to wish on space hardware? // I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care - Billy Bragg, A New England
Smiths_fan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Mr.L » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:42 pm

Cheers, now im a "Loser". But how can you say that? I dont like drugs ok and i dnt do weed a lot but you think im dumb enough to smoke lots of it? You think want to promote them, there a rip off. But you think im going to go into heroin? Its just a party thing. Usualy i ill sit down n play my lastation2 but im at my age of experimentation. I try things cos im a Dumb teenager not a "Loser". Alcohol is a drug but everyone excepts that, why? So go ahead call me a "loser" i dont care.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Mr.L » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:44 pm

Ok but yer i do go for walks, i would now but its gushing down with rain. I do write things but mainly i like to draw to get it out. Some picture may be very violent in the emotions i draw or some relaxing. Personally i wish i had a digital camera, i really want one. Id like to make films and my own projects. That would be the best.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Fidel » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:57 pm

is it just me or has this turned into a psychiatry session
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Deadman001 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:16 am

i'd say it turned into an anit-drugs post.

Usually when i want to esape i listen to music, what kind differs on the mood i'm in and sometimes I just go for a drive.
"I laugh in the face of danger, then i hide until it goes away" -> Xander

"Lay it down, I've always been with you
Hear me now, With all that's within you
Be my savior, And I'll be your downfall"
Deadman001
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Enigma » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:54 am

I'm supporting Mr.L in this topic.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:22 am

Mr.L wrote:Cheers, now im a "Loser". .

It wasn't personal Mr L
ay ay calm down like!!

I just have never agreed with drugs and Im not talking about fags
You get these idiots that go around smoking weed as if its the main purpose in their life
(and stink my taxi out)

I wasn't directing anything at you just at people that do drugs
I do recognise that an increasing amount of people today young and old are doing weed My main point was to coke and heroin users (Hard drugs)

Although I hate all drugs weed is the sofest drug and no immediate harm and doesnt mean you are sad it is a trend at the moment with young people but personally and not with all cases it leads to harder drugs
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:19 pm

I think that when someone says they do them for fun people seem to accept it, but when you say that you do it to escape from reality - this can set fear into some people. The big question - where does it all end?

I dont want to turn this into a drugs issue, but i would just like to say i can see both sides.

My ex boyfriend used to be a very lovely person. We were on and off for years, during this time he used to smoke puff with his mates. Forward to 6 years later last i saw of him, he was sniffing cocaine like it was going out of fashion, and had turned into a horrible bloke. We split for this reason (and others) and the fact he didn't like the real world, so had tried to make his own or escape.

I actually quite like living in reality and dont often find reason to hide from it. Maybe sometimes i need a break from things but aren't often lucky enough to be able to do that. Going for a walk can clear my head though.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:22 am

saz wrote:

I actually quite like living in reality and dont often find reason to hide from it. Maybe sometimes i need a break from things but aren't often lucky enough to be able to do that. Going for a walk can clear my head though.

I agree this is proper escape
Not doping yourself out of reality
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:14 pm

Well, a lot of people dont like their reality. Drugs can and are a form of escapism whether people will like it or not. I didnt do any this weekend but did drink. Drinking is just fun because it relaxes us and we can all be more open with eachother without fear or embarassment. Of course getting wasted is bad because of the hangovers. Moderation of all things are needed.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Enigma » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:32 pm

Everything in moderation is okay, he he...
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:32 pm

But everyone has different views on moderation, does a sort of national moderation exsist? There are units for alcohol consumption but none for drug use so it is left to the individual to create their own moderation, and i think that maybe some rough guidelines would shock some people when they realise how much they do actually do/take. It is the same with alcohol if you ever actually count your units up, it can be shockingly over the moderation guidelines.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:40 pm

You've just got to know your limits, wheter you find out the hard or easy way. A good virginial hangover usually sets people up to show them what they can and cant handle.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat