Something worth thinking about?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Can males wear long and short skirts?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:34 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 9

Something worth thinking about?

Postby Worried4me » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:34 pm

Hey i was just thinking of this, just wondered what anyone thoght about it.

If women can wear shorts and jeans at anytime day or night and in public then why cant males wear long and short skirts.......

something to think about eh???
Worried4me
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Llisa » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:40 pm

The Scots do it! :D And boy do I like those Scots...haha.

Well, being all technical here, long long ago in a place far away...everyone wore skirts. They weren't actually skirts, more like robes and loinclothes actually. I'm not all up on when exactly pants were introduced into the picture, but I'm guessing when someone realize it was easier for men to do physical labour not wearing a dress. Women began wearing 'bloomers' in the renessaince era, which is the earliest form of pant wearing for women that I can think of. Not really sure where it was decided that men couldn't wear 'skirts' anymore, but that's the way it is.
Nowadays, men are considered crossdressers is they are wearing a skirt (not a kilt!). Like many other things in today's society...it's just how things are and for us to suddenly change our ways might prove to be well...a litel bit too interesting.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:38 pm

In a word......NO.

Hehe, its ok for men to wear kilts for weddings etc in scotland but if a man walked around in a skirt for normal wear he would probably not go home in one piece.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:28 am

No way for men in skirts

Personally I think women should be in skirts all the time its feminine :D
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Despite waht the EU say - those are kilts................I hate new-age kilts
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:42 pm

I wouldn't really want to see a guy in a skirt but I think they should be allowed to, i know it isn't against the law but i mean be allowed as in not get beaten up if they walked along a street.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:39 pm

When men and women both wore skirts, although they were specifically made for a male or a female, there wasn't a really a whole lot of physical differences between them.
Nowadays though...since we've gotten away from that, it would be more then slightly unerving to see a man walking down the street in a bright, frilly pink and yellow flowery skirt...with a blouse to match. Dontcha think?
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Worried4me » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:53 pm

yeah i see what you mean Llisa lol
Worried4me
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby luvva » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:32 pm

Yeh definitely! If i saw a man walking down the street with a 'bright, frilly pink and yellow flowery skirt...with a blouse to match' I would probably cross the road!!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:42 pm

The kilt is a traditional scottish attire and i quite like wearing it. It looks really smart and the wonmen love it. It does feel a bit like wearing a travel rug at times though...
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Smiths_fan » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Im friends with a few goths, and they wear dresses. not pink and frilly, though. Black, or occasionally grey if theyve been over-washed.
I saw two shooting stars last night // I wished on them but they were only satellites // Is it wrong to wish on space hardware? // I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care - Billy Bragg, A New England
Smiths_fan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:50 pm

Hey if Samuel L Jackson can wear one in the 51st state (formula 51) then i aint going to argue.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:10 am

He wears one in Star Wars too! :D
Scott, you keep wearing that kilt. I quite honestly think it's the sexiest thing, the MANLIEST thing a guy can wear.
HE has all the answers

Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:22 pm

If you want to look like a girl

I think a man can dess a lot better to attract women :)
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:23 pm

Girls have a thing about a nicely dressed man. Doesn't have to be a suit or anything, just clean and presentable, with nice clean shoes. I do like a man with a nice T-shirt and some casual jeans on, but also like my boyfriend in a suit, or shirt and trousers grrr :wink:

The thing with wearing a skirt, i think i would be very shocked especially if it was a brightly coloured flowery one! If men wore skirts they wouldn't suit feminine ones they would have to be plain and ungirly maybe. Becks looked lovely in his sarong, with his shaven head and tight vest top hmm..... see manly but also soft and gentle
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Next

Return to Chit Chat