Question for females

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Question for females

Postby Smiths_fan » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:12 pm

Do you object to being called 'cute'?

I know a few girls who really dont like being called cute, and i dont know why. Its a compliment, surely?
I saw two shooting stars last night // I wished on them but they were only satellites // Is it wrong to wish on space hardware? // I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care - Billy Bragg, A New England
Smiths_fan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:28 pm

All depends. to most girls, puppies, kittens, and little babies are 'cute'. A lot of the time my friends and I say..."yeah, well that guy's cute...but he's not goodlooking". It means that either you're so ugly you're cute...or you're not repulsive to look at, but we'd rather look at something else. Calling a girl 'beautiful' and 'gorgeous' are much bigger compliments. Even 'pretty' is borderline. Ok, so it's shallow...but it's the way we are. Generally speaking of course.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby luvva » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:54 pm

I wouldn't mind being cute at all, I don't think you should call someone cute instead of beautiful but if you are calling someone cute because they are sweet that's okay. I'm starting to confuse myself! I just know that I woulnd't mind being called cute
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Smiths_fan » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:23 pm

Hmm... I see. Thing is, I prefer girls who I consider 'cute' to girls I consider 'beautiful', to me cute is far, far, FAR more approachable.

Anyway, yeah.
I saw two shooting stars last night // I wished on them but they were only satellites // Is it wrong to wish on space hardware? // I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care - Billy Bragg, A New England
Smiths_fan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:58 am

You can call a guy 'cute' and 'handsome', but to a girl that can be offensive. You could call a girl 'pretty' or 'stunning'.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:28 am

At the end of the day a girl can say a lot to a guy and its ok
But a guy saying something to a girl has to be the right word to make her smile :D
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:47 pm

to be honest i would rather be called sweet than cute.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:56 pm

The word cute counjours up images in my mind of smiling babies, puppies and the kids in the GAP adverts. Maybe it is an age thing. When i was in my teens i would probably have been flattered to be called cute, but now being in my 20's i wouldn't take it as well.

Sometimes calling someone cute might make them think that they aren't pretty enough to be called just that, or beautiful.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:48 pm

Yeh, when I think of the word cute i do tend to think of puppies and kittens but I wouldn't mind being called it either.

I think you are right saz, I don't mind being called cute and I'm 14 and your in your 20's and you don't like it. Probably just mainly depends on your age and what you are like (personality wise)
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Chit Chat