Sociology project: teenage subcultures

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sociology project: teenage subcultures

Postby BlackPeegley » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:42 pm

Hi... My name's Megan and I'm in year 10 at high school. At present I'm studying sociology for G.C.S.E for this I have a piece of coursework worth 20% of my final grade. I'm doing my coursework on the topic of "Teenage subcultures: Do people tend to judge the book by it's cover?". For this I require a ton of secondary information.

I was wondering wether any of you would be willing to provide details of them or if they know someone who has been judged by their subculture. I just need to know things like how many people this happens to, how far people go with their "Judging". The results of being judged, and if any of you have anything against people's subcultures. Please post responses in this topic.

Thankyou.. Meg xxxxx

Post edited by Enigma on 25 January 2004.
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mr.L » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:40 pm

Hey, first of all i apologize for not emailing but this is a good oppurtunity for me to speak about myself being judged.

I wear the clothes i like and i listen to the music i like. For that around where i live i am jugded by my cover and are ridiculed and threatened. Just recently two 12 year olds called me all kinda of rubbish and i smacked one. The usual suspects are (without juding people myself because i have a lot of rudeboy mates) but they are rudeboys. For some reasons they see grungers or people who dont wear what they wear as usually inferior and i just dont understand it. I get judged and sometimes feel at unease walking past a gang of these people on my own. In groups they will judge and clal you whatever or try to hurt you. When they are alone they dont. I dont judge them and i dont care what they wear or like but i disagree with me being threatened for walking into the local shops wearing one of my favourite shirts.

Thanks and good luck with your project, sounds like an interesting pice of c.w (did i just say that!?)
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Chit Chat