cannabis, weed, dope, skunk, pot, etc

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

cannabis, weed, dope, skunk, pot, etc

Postby Tinker » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:47 pm

I dont know whether or not i can write this but..
What do you guys think about the down grading of weed?
And do you think it should be legalised or be up graded?

I have tried when i was at college, and i must say enjoyed it. But i only did it about 4 times cos' i don't like the idea of it being a drug. And i'v never touched in since. my ex did it all the time like 6 joints a day may be more, and i know loads of people that do it as well.

I dont think it does much harm, but can see that it does lead to other things.
Tinker
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby luvva » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:51 pm

I think it should be upgraded because most people I know start on weed then they go onto harder drugs like ecstasy and cocaine because the person they get weed of also sells these drugs.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:53 pm

This topic is fine.

I'm just about to go so will quickly say that I think cannabis should be legalised, and it is not the drug itself that causes people to go onto harder drugs but the lifestyle those people lead. I've smoked weed a lot and I haven't done anything more as yet, for example. Consumption of cannabis does affect the efficiency of sperm though so that is something to think about.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:20 pm

Yeh I understand that it isn't the drug that makes people go onto harder stuff but all the people I know have go onto harder stuff because of the person that they get the weed from. I'm not sure who this person is but they have other drugs apart from weed and he offers them around saying they are no worse than weed, saying it will just be the same affect but even better.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:00 pm

I think weed and cannabis should be legalised. To be honest i have only smoked weed and LSD Cronic, But i admit i enjoyed it. I dont want to promote drugs but as ive expaliend in another topic, its an escape to me. I know a lot will say im an idiot but they havent tried maybe or they ahvent had enough reason to. Whatever it is i think it shoudl be legalized, it would stop a lot of watsed police time.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:43 pm

If you don't mind me asking why did you even start smoking weed? because you had problems at the time? oh and is it addictive?
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby band_camp_girl » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:47 am

hey all, iv been a smoker for a while, just started because it was offered to me with no pressure or such like, i fancied it, gave it a go and liked it. however, im seriously thinkin but never touching the stuff again, its recently became apparent that i have little or no motivation for things but this was neva a problem b4 i started smoking hash, hash seems to be the only reason and its been said it can decrease motivation hugely.

its not addictive, however the tobacco that u mix it with in a joint is addictive and thats what u get hoked on but it appears to be a craving for a joint...

hope it helped!!!
band_camp_girl
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby depman » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:00 am

Hmmmm Drugs are not right for you sorry all
And that goes for weed as well but thats my strong view
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:41 am

You do get addicted to it, and anyone who thinks you cant is very wrong! I have tried it and dont like it at all. I have seen what it has done to people, heavy use etc when they dont use any other drugs. One of my boyfriends mates has been in a mental health unit on section because he had a cannabis induced mental illness and it is really scary. Apparently most of the youths in the wards nowadays have all used the drug and doctors know it can cause paranoia and other illnesses. There is certainly a strong link between cannabis and mental illness it can be a trigger or a cause. I work and know doctors and nurses in mental health and they all say the same.

I also feel strongly about people who drive under the influence. It is the same as drink driving - deadly. There are lots of road accidents involving people on drugs but police find it hard to prove because there is no roadside testing.

The lifestyle of drugs easily leads to trying other things. Once people start going clubbing they want to stay up all night and have fun - speed and ectascy then come into it. It is too easy to get hold of.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:13 am

I completely agree with you saz Driving while being high is just as bad as being drunk
I know because when I was about 17 all my mates started smoking it down the motorway and it stunk out the car and it affected me you may well laugh at this but I dont find it very funny at all
I hate the smell of it I think it is vile
People get in my taxi reeking of it and I have to have all the windows open after

I did try it once when I was about 15-16 and I absolutely hated it it made me ill
Most of my mates used to smoke it and when offered to me I was the only one declining the horrible rubbish

I have always been against drugs even weed is drugs and there have been problems with it it should be made illegal still
I feel it can lead to other things

Kids will have a can of fosters and it wont get them drunk so what do they do they drink vodka (Yeah this will get me drunk)

Just like weed people will get bored of the little affect and will nhow try speed or a pill or something and people die because of this which has been told many times

I will say it again drugs are for sad people sorry but thats my view

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:21 am

I think that you have a good point. When me and my mates were younger we all tried smoking ciggies and the odd bit of cider, but then that gets boring and you get older start doing other things. Then people started smoking puff and drinking harder stuff. Then as we all got older and started going clubbing and to pubs, people started doing pills and speed.

It is also about proving yourself, how hard you are and how much you can handle. Whereas when you are younger it is 'how much people can drink' it turns into 'how much you can take in one night'. A bloke i used to go out with took ecstacy when he went clubbing and it was a competition to see who could take the most. He once took about 7 in one night and the next day had to go to work - as a fireman. How safe is that, supposedly saving peoples lives whilst off your head or on a come down? Needless to say i didnt stay with him for very long because i didn't agree with this.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:24 am

What an idiot (sorry saz)

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:28 am

He was the most paranoid person i have EVER met in my life. He was in his late 20's and his whole life revolved around clubbing and drugs. To start with he was really nice and i didn't realise how involved he was but soon worked it out. He just drove me insane being paranoid about me being with other people and talking behind his back.

Where i grew up it is a really nice town but it is totally overrun by drugs - and i am being serious it is so bad i dont really stay in touch with anyone or go there much. It ended up that i didn't really fit in because i didn't do drugs. Most of my ex boyfriends did drugs, and most still do.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:30 am

Oh and still on the subject of drugs, some people who live in my street decided to have the biggest row and fight the other day. I could hear them shouting and they were all on drugs (because they were saying that) and i know that the fight was probably because of that fact. It was awful really violent and scary.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:36 am

One of me ex's invited me with her brother and a friend to go and do speed with them on a drive
I said no thanks oh and by the way your dumped

I didnt fit in on occasions as most of my mates were doing the stuff

This town Crawley is overrun with drugs as well a big problem
We will move out of it eventually as I want my son away from that kind of thing

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next