Teenagers!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do teenagers generally annoy you?

Yes
23%
No
23%
Sometimes
54%

Total votes : 13

Teenagers!

Postby luvva » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:53 am

I just wondered why so many people bad mouth teenagers! Saying we talk weird, act like thugs and only care about drugs and sex!

I am not saying it is the people on here but I mean generally.

Oh and why do people always look at you wierd If you hang around a shop or something! I don't see the problem, I want to hang around with all my friends so we hang around in groups of about 7 or 8 and we aren't going to go to the park that's full of needles and druggies.

Where do people expect us to stand?! In dark alleys or the middle of the road!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:16 am

Eventhough i'm 19, I must say teenagers can be generally annoying in my opinion. As you say, they talk about drugs and drink way too much and I just can't understand why. Why is it that they cannot be more productive in their thinking?

The reason why people look at teenagers oddly when they are outside shops in groups is because they often wonder what it is that you're up to. What you must remember is that people do not know who you are and therefore just base their opinion of you on the steriotypical views most people have of teenagers. I also had that problem when I was with groups of friends, but if I saw someone look at me, I would always politely smile and say hello... quite often,their look would change and they would smile too.

So, on a general basis, teens annoy me, but there are some out there that are nice.

Capt Flynn
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Fidel » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:14 pm

well being a teenager myself I find them most irritating. No, seriously people who continually clunk about on their mobiles (I have one but I dont use it to the extent that theres a finger indent on the send key) or use stupid slag "expressions" like shut up when they mean really and the people up here who use like and pure in every sentence. That bugs me
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:14 pm

Well you would definitely hate me! I always say shut up meaning really and I am always saying like in my sentences!

I wouldn't be very popular If I met up with you guys!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Tinker » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:07 am

I know where you are coming from luvva.

When i was younger and used to hang round with my mates there wasn't anywhere to go and like you said if there is quite alot of you out then someones parents arn't going to let you all go in there house.

It used to irratate me when someone used to smash up bus stops and phones boxes and stuff like that. But then again there will always be things like that happening in all walks of life.

It is just a steriotypical view that teenagers are into drugs, sex, and bottles of cider. But i was into the cider(well, any alcoholic drink!!) and lads in my school days its all part of growing up. Its a shame that middle aged people class all teenagers as thugs etc, cos there not. Just a small hand full are.
Tinker
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby luvva » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:20 pm

Yeh, exactly. It is very annoying, just because some people from our school and our area do smash up phone boxes and drink and take drugs on the street corner doesn't mean we will!

I can understand though, People who walk past us on the street haveno idea what we are like so we could be a really nice group or we could just be a gang of thugs!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:38 pm

You moan but nothing can be done because they have nothing better to do.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:43 pm

What? you mean nothing can be done because teenagers have nothing better to do.

Well I think it's worth moaning because hopefully the council will actually put something around for us to do.....but then thinking about it, it will just be trashed if they put something here anyway.

Not by me though!! by the naughty teenagers!! :evil:
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:58 pm

What can they do? Buy everyone an Xbox?! Make another playground? Even if teenagers hang around there innocent or not they are seen as guilty of something. Tell me you have never been bad in public? Everyone is bad every now and then and by me sayign nothing can eb done is because nothign can be done :P. How are they meant to stop teenagers breaking stuff up? Its society not them.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:02 pm

I'm not saying that they can stop teenagers breaking stuff but a place like a youth centre where there would be supervision would be good though. A place hwere we could play games or listen to music, I don't expect the whole problem to be fixed though.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:06 pm

There are already a lot of them. No one goes to a lot of them because it isnt seen as interesting and social groups clash. Music tastes differ people will fight there. The goverment as tried. Luuve you are jus suggesting what ahs already benn tried and tested and it hasnt worked. The problem will remain until society evolves.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:08 pm

Well there aren't any here! Well people could listen to different music in different rooms!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:10 pm

Sound travels.

Why arnt there any there? Because of the problem and that the goverment know it will jsut get trashed and waste money. nothing can be done because of the problem in the first place, it is stuck.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:18 pm

I actually think that theres a bigger picture to all this. You need to look at how each child is brought up by their parents. The upbringing of a child can quite well dictate how they percieve the world!

What teenagers have to remember though is that all the troubles that they cause now will just be followed on by each generation.

I agree that there isn't enough places for teenagers to go, but as everyone is different in taste, what would teenagers generally want in their area that will keep them off of the streets and causing trouble? Also, at this current time, as there is no facilities for teens, why do teens feel that the alternative solution is to go around breaking things and causing trouble? (remember i'm not targetting all teenagers)

Capt Flynn
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby luvva » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:18 pm

Well If there was supervision and camera's I don't think it would get trashed.

Well maybe Monday could be a pop night and Tuesday could be a Rap night, I don't know all the details or anything!!

I just think it would be better to be in somewhere than out on the streets.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Chit Chat