Teenagers!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do teenagers generally annoy you?

Yes
23%
No
23%
Sometimes
54%

Total votes : 13

Postby Mr.L » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:20 pm

Theres more than 7 genres of music and cameras and stuff would be expensive the goverment doesnt have a lot of money. Pus who would want to do this whole thing for free? They would ahve to be paid and have training in first aid and basica education.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:23 pm

Look I am sorry but I havn't worked out all the details and I don't have a plan for the whole thing....I just suggested that it seems a good idea to me but obviously it doesn't to you, can we please just leave it at that.

It seems to me that in all my posts you are going against me for some reason! It was just a suggestion that came into my head at the time!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:25 pm

Im not going agasint you im just inqruigin about certain aspects. and giving the other side, that the goverment have tried but to no prevail. Its good to think about the other side too
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:27 pm

Yeh I understand that but it was just an idea that came into my head...If I had been thinking about it for weeks I would have taken into account the other side of the arguement
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:37 pm

however i do take into account your views on 'bad' teenagers. I dont like them ive been effecte dby them but i cant do anything and nither can the goverment.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Enigma » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:38 am

My answer to the poll question was 'No', teenagers do not generally annoy me. I'm a patient person.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:25 pm

Well at least their is someone that teenagers don't annoy!!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:57 pm

One of my faults however, is that I am not a patient person. It's something I'm working on though...so unlike Enigma...yes, teenagers do annoy me. That's not really fair to say, because it all depends on the person. So wait, I change my answer. Some teenagers do annoy me.
As for the whole government thing, yadda yadda...why does the government fail? Because generally they don't get enough support...and by support, I mean teens coming to those facilities that the government funds. Back where I grew up, there was numerous teen centers and teen organizations that teens could go to. But its the teenagers who decide that they want to be on the street. There's always something for them to do, but its their choice to not go and do it. They don't have to be out at 1:00 in the morning shouting and running up and down the streets. But they do because they want to do.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:21 pm

I have no problem with teenagers, as I am one but there are a small number of teenagers who choose to live up to the reputation that people give teenagers. So society blames teens for graffiti and crime, therefore there is a small percentage who must think to themselves 'Well if they expect us to do it why not do it.' It's a vicous circle.

There are places in my area that teens go to like youth clubs but people who go there, tend to all be from one 'class' and therefore everyone else stays away.

I really believe that some teenagers (only a small % mind you) do live up to their reputations. I was walking with my small (8 yr old) brother the other day when there were a group of guys about my age hanging around a street corner. They all had hoods up (I'm not sterotypicalising, promise) and all looked like they were looking for trouble. That's just the way I saw it. Then one of them looked up, saw me and my brother and decided to start swearing to his mates in a loud voice. They were perfectly quiet before they saw us. They knew I had a little kid with me but they still do it, regardless. Now if looks could kill.... But anyway, that's another story.

What I'm getting at is that if society gives teenagers a reputation then a small percentage are going to live up to it. It's just a catch 22 situation. If society thinks that they go around mouthing off then they will. Whatever society thinks they will do, a small percentage of teenagers will do it.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:27 pm

Yeh I understand what you mean, some teenager just feel they should live up to the reputation. I know a lot of people like that!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:20 pm

Smile,

The publics perception of teenagers started for a reason, because thats how teenagers appear to be... now I do agree that some believe they must live up to that, but the reason why the public believes that teenagers are trouble makers is simply because alot of teens were trouble makers before teens decided to "live up to the name"
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby luvva » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:04 pm

Yeh I'm sure Smile gets that but she was just saying that now a lot of teenagers do try to live up to the name.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:15 pm

I'm not sure I agree with you on that one Captain Flynn. I realise that it might have started because something happened which blamed teenagers but then again how do we know?
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:17 pm

Well we don't know for definite Smile but it was probably most likely wasn't it? How would we get a bad name otherwise?
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:31 pm

Adults wouldn't just pick on teens just because.... there is a reason and i'm sure it's because alot of the problems like crime are committed by teens.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat