The Brits. Better or worse??

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Was this years brits any good?

yes
50%
no
38%
get rid of it
No votes
not really bothered
13%

Total votes : 8

The Brits. Better or worse??

Postby TANLADIE » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:18 pm

I was just wondering what people thought about last nights Brit Awards.
I thought it was alot better than previous years.

But is it good enough to keep it on the air.

What's your views.
It takes thousands of people to ruin the world but just one to start making it better!
TANLADIE
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:56 pm

I quite enjoyed watching it. It would have been nice to see less American acts performing and more British, but that isn't down to us is it?! I was pleased that The Darkness derservedly won those awards. I like Cat Deeley but Ant and Dec would have been funnier to watch as presenters. It seemed a bit rushed i think. I didn't like the performance by Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani and Missy i thought it was boring!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Let's_dance » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:03 pm

I hate the Darkness and Busted. Both are over-rated parp. Trondheim will teach them a lesson (once Vlad get's back)
In Place of the Vladmeister

Scott and Jed - honourary Vlads
Let's dance, put on your red shoes and dance the blues
Let's_dance
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:17 pm

I was in the gym when the programme started, and it was shown on one of the television screens. Very good opening with Cat Deeley riding that huge bottle. Shame I couldn't hear Busted performing 'Teenage Kicks', but the track is a b-side to the Monday-released 'Who's David'. Great news about the two awards Busted received: 'Best British Breakthrough' and 'Best Pop Act'. And James, mmm, James...
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby daveshow » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:31 pm

i think the darkness are good but get a bit annoyed when people are saying they are the next queen just because they dress like them doesnt make them good tehy arnt a quarter as good as queen
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Let's_dance » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:34 pm

My band have been practising Teenage kicks for ages - then those talentless idiots mucked it up

Let's_dance
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:43 pm

Yeah, we know you don't like them already.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:13 pm

Its just so pridictable which is why i hate it.
You never get any proper bands who work their bottoms off to be their.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:17 pm

sovs, every artist who was in attendance at the Brits was there because of their hard work. Becoming a pop star is not a stress-free 9 to 5 job.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:19 pm

I agree sovs. I get really annoyed when I see people who hide behind special effects and the lot, and get major recognition for it. The bands that play their own instruments, write their own songs, and manage all their own stuff deserve a lot more recognition then what is given to them.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:24 pm

Okay. Busted write their own songs. Busted play their own instruments. Busted co-manage the band (well, James actually as it happens). They have worked so hard to push their music out to their target audience, you only have to browse their website to see that news updates are published regularly, which is a significant thing alone in comparison to other artists and bands. Busted deserve the recognitin for their hard work, you may not like the actual music but you have to appreciate all that's behind it.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Let's_dance » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:06 pm

They are still a manufactured band who write montonous songs which are about skateboarding and getting dumped. Mince

Let's_dance
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:20 pm

Let's_dance you have registered your opinion about that particular band. Enough already.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:17 am

daveshow wrote:i think the darkness are good but get a bit annoyed when people are saying they are the next queen just because they dress like them doesnt make them good tehy arnt a quarter as good as queen

Couldnt agree with you more

All that is on the brits is absolute rubbish its all rigged and I cannot understand how most of these acts get the applause they are manufactured and told what to sing and like Llisa said hide behind all that effect
Real good british bands are gone im afraid and im not putting down younger users but if you followed music 10-15 years ago and more in my opinion almost everyone worked their socks off and wrote their own music

I have never heard Busteds music so I cant judge them but if they write their own music and work their socks off then fair play to them

Its just when you watch the brits you know who is going to win and you always say "How the hell did they get voted for that"
Same every time
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:01 am

The Darkness probably dont want to be compared to Queen, they want to be a band in their own right not off the back of someone else. I think they are quite refreshing and i can't think of another band who have their sound. What is so wrong with beind different?

I have respect for Busted and i sing along to their tunes on the radio. They are young men who have slogged their guts out to make it in this industry which is awash with pop idols like the cheeky girls. As Enigma said they write and perform their stuff. You dont have to like everything but it isn't fair to slate them.

I love a lot of the older bands and music but you can't deny that there are still some good bands out there. Ok so Coldplay aren't everyones cup of tea but i like them.

All bands have to start somewhere and they dont always sound great when they get going but might go on to do great things. Years ago it took years and years to get into the charts and by then they were great because they had been doing the clubs for ages but now some bands go straight in and they deserve to work their way up.

Most of The Brit awards are voted for by the public and it shows who bothers to vote. I dont see it as rigged but if teenagers are the only voters then they will see win who they like.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Next

Return to Chit Chat