Age of Consent for boys

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Age of Consent for boys

Postby mariamaria » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:28 pm

I've found a webpage to back me up: link

There you go....and i quote

The age of consent in the UK is currently 16. So, 17-year-old Ben would be breaking the law if he had sex with 15-year-old Siobhan, even with her consent. Similarly, gay couple Jay, 16, and Mark, 14, are breaking the law as Mark is under age. However, if Ben and Siobhan’s ages were reversed, their relationship would no longer be illegal as there is currently no age of consent for boys having heterosexual sex.
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby worstfriend » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:47 pm

Having said that, the police do investigate cases where a boy under the age of 16 and his partner is significantly older, though this isn't classed as underage sex, it can be classed as sexual assault.

Legally if you have sex with a girl who is under 16, even with her consent, you have committed statutory rape, as the law doesn't deem her capable of giving consent. The law does not recognise male rape, only sexual assault committed against a male.

That is why there is no heterosexual age of consent for boys, as the law does not recognise that a boy could have penetrative sex unwillingly, and does not recognise male anal rape as rape, but as assault. The law is this way because, when these laws were first written, bleeding, a broken hymen and pregnancy could "prove" sex had taken place in an underage girl, whereas heterosexual sexual activity does not (normally) have outward physical indicators in boys.

All of this means that, though it's not committing rape, it is still legally risky to have sex with an underage boy, especially if you are much older than him. If you are found guilty of sexual assault of a minor, you go on the sex offenders register and can go to prison.

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:28 pm

So it's a no win situation either way.

Have sex with a male under 16, the female gets investigated, possibly arrested, thrown in prison and put on the sex offenders register.

Underage female has sex with a male under 16, male is charged with Statuary Rape (even with consent).

How the Law works in mysterious ways :-?

But then again the way to avoid any of these cases, is to wait till they are both 16 or over.
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Llisa » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:10 pm

The legislation on the age of consent does not specifically refer to women having sexual intercourse with a young man under the age of 16. However, she could be charged with indecent assault.

The law in ENGLAND and WALES will be changing in May 2004
It will be an offence for anyone, male or female, over the age of 10 to engage in any form of sexual activity with a girl or boy under the age of 16. It will be an offence punishable by up to 14 years imprisonment for anyone over the age of 18 to engage in any type of sexual activity with someone between the ages of 13 and 15. A person under the age of 18 committing the offence would be liable to up to five years imprisonment. A person may claim in their defence that they believed the young person to be 16 or over.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:00 pm

We had a discussion about the age of consent in reference to the programme season that the webpage mariamaria linked to is about. Another possible change to the law that I had mentioned in that discussion:
Enigma wrote:Another possible change to the Sexual Offenses bill would make it illegal for people below the age of sixteen to kiss or pet each other.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Let's_dance » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:53 pm

God Bless the spereate Judiciary in Scotland
In Place of the Vladmeister

Scott and Jed - honourary Vlads
Let's dance, put on your red shoes and dance the blues
Let's_dance
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby worstfriend » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:17 am

GOD BLESS IT?

In England and Wales (and i believe Northern Ireland), "rape" is when a man has sex with a woman without her giving her consent.

In Scotland "rape" is where a man has sex with a woman after she has withdrawn her consent. WHich means in Scotland, if you are a woman, for the law to see what happened as rape, you have to have been alert, awake and able to say, 'No' clearly and decisively. Thus: date rape in Scotland is counted as a sexual assault, which often carries a lesser sentence than rape.

I don't think god should bless a legal system which judges that all women are up for it, all the time, unless they expresly say "NO".

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Let's_dance » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:28 pm

I wasn't talking about rape
In Place of the Vladmeister

Scott and Jed - honourary Vlads
Let's dance, put on your red shoes and dance the blues
Let's_dance
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby worstfriend » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:39 pm

"consent" defines rape
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby worstfriend » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:45 pm

You know, i've just read that last post and it was extremely rude. I'm sorry Mariamaria, i guess the other thread (rape from teenagers) affected me a little.

Please accept my apologies. I'm a crabby git sometimes.

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat