Interviews

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Interviews

Postby Jupiter » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:27 pm

a little while ago i lost my job at a call centre and since then hae been looking for a job and yay i got an interview on friday. the only thing is that its a much bigger fish than i was hoping for (PA post for a directorate manager in the NHS :o ) and i dont know how im even going to get through the stress of the interview. im going to babble and crucify myself i know i am. so in preperation for my interview for the NHS it would really help to know the worst thing you have ever done in an interview or anytthing like it, so i know that no matter how badly i mess up it isnt the worst anyone has ever done lol.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:39 pm

Stick to the point - thats what an interviewer told me at my mock interviews
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:09 pm

(Hey Jupiter! nice seeing you around again!)

I dont know what to say but take Fidels advice, i got that too and im sure youll do fine but Good luck yer! Keep us updated!
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby mariamaria » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:17 pm

The worst thing I've done in an interview is pick my nose. Lol. :oops:
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby depman » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:32 pm

He HE
I picked my nose deliberatly once because it looked like I was going to get the job but as soon as he said it is paid monthly I didnt want the job because I prefer weekly pay and I feel that it should be like that for everyone
Monthly pay is just easier for the employer but not for the employee and I dont agree with that
So I picked my nose and it still didnt work and he offered me the job
I asked him if he can pay weekly and he said no,so I said well im not interested then he looked suprised
And there was me thinking I could put him off with my wandering finger :D
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mariamaria » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:34 pm

Lol....good one... I wouldn't want to be paid monthly either...That's another thing Jupiter. Make sure you get paid WEEKLY. Nothing later than weekly. :D
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jupiter » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:43 pm

weeekly pay? i never been paid weekly, i dont care how they pay me as long as i can spend it lol. but actually i just hope i get the job, i been shortlisted to three which im prowd of. i probably wont get it but i still want to make a good impression. and not puke up on my interviewer cos im nervous lol. its strange cos its npot just an interview its a career interview and a very good place to be. sp im nervous, how can i stop being nervous.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby worstfriend » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:24 pm

Hi,
i work in a hospital and share an office with a PA, so she says to be honest, and be thinking about the question while you're answering it (not get distracted and witter about other things) Also, they're probably going to ask you if you have any questions, so do a bit of research into the role/manager/hospital and ask something intelligent. Just looking at the website of a place often makes you think of questions. It's okay to tell them if you're feeling nervous, just don't panic.

All the people at the hospital i work in are paid monthly, as am i. I can't see anything wrong with it. If i were paid weekly i'd never save anything. Seeing that big lump come into my bank account motivates me to work out a budget and put something away. And there's nothing like a payday when you've been skint for a fortnight!

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby depman » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:44 pm

Being skint for a fortnight is wrong
People get in debt and get loads of credit because of monthly pay
Think about it!

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jupiter » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:28 am

monthly pay is just the way of the world now really. its the way things go, you pay for everything monthly. i like monthly pay, it feels better having that lump sum in your bank every month than weekly, the only bad thing is waiting the first month for pay yuck. also i worked in payroll and processing pay weekly is torture, just when u finish you have to start again lol. anyway i just want to get paid, i dont care when jusat as long as i get money, nice dosh, yum yum yum. i need a new bed and i want a nice big double one, cos i got a big one now and theres no point going smaller lol i need some moneyand i need my job, i just hope i get it.
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:51 am

The majority of call centre jobs are paid monthly. You get used to it, but surviving the first month of employment is difficult.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Aldo » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:35 am

i get paid monthly and i prefer it actually. Helps me to save. I use my credit card to pay for everything like shopping etc and keep and eye on it, and when I get paid i just pay it off. So it makes no difference to me weekly or monthly.

money is good money. :D
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby depman » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:43 pm

I guess I have always worked on a Day to Day Week to Week basis
Monthly would seem forever to me to wait to buy something

If you are used to monthly and prefer it fair enough
I still think it is wrong and unfair

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:33 am

If you do what Aldo does, go through the month paying for things on the credit card and then clearing the balance at the end of the month, then that is beneficial to your credit score.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby worstfriend » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:54 am

No it's not. You don't pay interest until you've passed your payment day and haven't cleared your debt. So if you pay it every month, your benefiting no-one. It's good for your credit rating though......actually is that what you meant.

I got my wages today (monthly) along with a massive tax rebate. I'm on cloud sausage nine!

YEAY!!

ahem, sorry.

I've been paid weekly beofre as well, and i don't really think it makes much difference. I like that i can pay my bills off in one go without having to save, though i always have to wait until the end of the month to pay them. Providers don't seem to mind this though........

If you use your credit card to the tune of your wages, you are always one month behind. I think banks want this as then, when you finally snap and want to see some of your wages, you end up in debt on your credit card.

I've got the afternoon off to buy my lovely some pressies!

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Next

Return to Chit Chat