Interviews

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Fidel » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:50 pm

or knock someone else of theirs if you're playing polo
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jupiter » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:34 pm

getting back into admin isnt easy. i dont like call centres, i cant use my skills the way i want to but maybe i could apply for some more call-centre work whilst i look. the hard thing is that in the call-centre work i beemn doing they usually take alot of people on at once whilst admin jobs are usually just one, ya know?

im still with my aim low thing, i was just so annoyed with hte person who got the job they didnt have the experience or anything, they said that i did an excellent interview and i was a second chouice , but this girl had worked in NHS before and wanted to give administration 'a go' , well i just dont think its fair because the post ad said you had to have 2 years experience.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:07 am

Like I said Jupiter, the requirements posted in job advertisements are only guidelines. I ended up being a Customer Accounts Manager in a credit card company's call centre following working at McDonalds for a year, where the job specification said I would have to have a minimum of two years experience in customer services.

I'm moving from call centre work for the time-being, working admin and data entry positions. Perhaps you could do some temp work in the meantime, until you find a suitable permanant position? It may even happen that the employer of a temporary position recruits you to full time.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jo » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:20 am

Enigma's right, they are only guidelines and a lot depends on how well you sell yourself in the interview.

What the interviewers are looking for is someone who can apply their experience, whether its work experience or life experience, to the job they are applying for. This is much more important than how long the experience lasted for. So you have to point out exactly how your past experiences will help you do the job that they want you to do.

Also let them know if you have any extra skills that they might find valuable such as knowing your way around the Internet (its amazing how many people havn't got a clue). Things that seem simple to you might be just the thing they are looking for. Never ever play down your skills!

If you don't get a job then it probably wasn't the right job for you anyway, it doesn't mean that you couldn't have done the job well - so stay positive and just keep looking!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Previous

Return to Chit Chat