Interviews

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Enigma » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:20 am

Yes, I was referring to credit scoring, or credit rating. Since the debtor continually clears the debt successfully and in line with the terms and conditions of the credit card then this gradually increases the score that credit reference agencies give them. Conversely, being such a "good" customer actually means you're less likely to receive further credit from your current lenders since you don't actually make them a profit. That's right, customers that go overlimit and pay late to a certain point are more likely to be lent more money! I should stop typing now or else I'll end up breaking some 'trade secrets' clause in contracts with previous employers lol.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby worstfriend » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:54 am

You don't need to tell me!

I owe the Student Loan company about £16000.

People are falling over themselves trying to lend me money.

Mmmmmmmmmmm. I LOVE payday. My boyfriend ain't gonna know what's hit him tonight, when i get in with all my pressies!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jupiter » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:03 pm

i got my interview today can anyone say nervous lol. i gotta fill in this huge bloomin questionaire lol, how am i supposed to know what childhood diseases i had or which viccinations i have had in my life and how many boosters and my blood type and god knows what else lol. i got a typing teast at 14.45 and an interview at 15.00, aparently i been shortlisted to the last three which aint too shabby well just see how we go. wish me luck, i need it.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby worstfriend » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:06 pm

GOOD LUCK

You don't need luck, you've obviously got what they're looking for. Just make sure you let them know that and you'll be fine.

Best of the best

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jupiter » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:10 pm

i dont have what theyre looking for lol, i did an admin job for 18 months and they want 2 yrs exp and im only 19. i guess i did manage an office once but i just cant help thinking im gonna fail in this one, i suppose its cos it would make the start of my career im so nervous, my knees wobble my hands shake and im so scared to fail this tme, people have high expectations of me and to top that i need to find a 'weak point' to mention in interview lol.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby worstfriend » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:25 pm

Well there's you weak point right there - you find it hard to push yourself forward sometimes, even when you know you've got the skills to complete a task.

You are worrying about a lack of 6 months experience, even though you've made the final 3?!? You DO have what they want, you balance youth with experience, and knowledge with flexibility and a willingness to learn. You're 19, so though you are by no means immature, you will be able to really throw yourself into the job for the next 5 years. Whereas Mr. Experience over there is 34 and his second baby is coming soon, so he'll be concentrating on his home life.

All you have to do is believe in yourself for like, 20 minutes. You are gonna rock!

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:37 pm

The experience requirements are really only guidelines, and if you push your various positive skills out to the interviewer then they will be flexible about the "minimum" experience they have specified. You want this job because it feels like an appropriate role and the right move in the journey of your career. You are not trying to get the job for no reason, you are trying to get it because you want it. That is important.

(No worries about the misunderstanding worstfriend)
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:27 am

Jupiter, would you like to update us on how things went?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:14 am

I hope everything went ok Jupiter. Sorry i didn't get back to you on the NHS question. I used to be a PA in the NHS and i started when i was only 17, so age doesn't always come into these things it is about experience, qualifications and your outlook on life/attitude to work.

I have overheard my old manager talking about interviewees and the biggest turn off for boss's is when people seem as though they aren't ready for change. One interviewee said she liked to work her own way, not adapt to the office's and needless to say, she didn't get the job!

Sometimes employers actually like people who are new to the job because they come with no expectations if you get my meaning, they are easier to train and younger the better. I was fresh out of school and my old boss thought it was great she could mould me to her standards instead of taking on someone already set in their ways. Also a positive attitude goes a long way, my last boss knew I would help out in all areas and try really hard (she told me this afterwards), instead of some of the other interviewees who made it clear they would not budge from their job description.

The worst thing you can do in an interview is lie, as i have learnt because even though i got the job, lying about my hobbies as an ice skater and gym freak it soon became apparent i totally lied when they quesitoned me on it! V embarrasing.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jupiter » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:02 pm

yueah. i didnt get it some person who worked in the nhs before got it but they never worked inadmin before... i felt pretty let down when i didnt get it too.

the lesson learned:
aim low, that way you dont get dissapointed.

Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:31 am

No Jupiter: you win some, you lose some. And if you don't ask then you don't get.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:02 am

I agree with Enigma. Pick yourself up again and apply for another job. If you fall off a horse, you have to get straight back on again.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm

What if it runs away?
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:57 pm

If the horse runs away, then it will take more time to get back on it.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:38 pm

Hehe, or you can find another horse.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat