Disastarous driving.

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Disastarous driving.

Postby spider girl » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:26 pm

Well I had my first ever driving lesson today and it was awful.

My instructor is a really cute 30 something so I think he distracted me abit, well that's what I'm blaming my bad lesson on.

First of all he told me to turn right so indicated right and turned left,then he told me to go straight ahaed and for some reason I turned into a small lane and we got stuck as their wasn't anywhere for us to turn.
So he had to take over to reverse down the lane.
But the worst thing was when I got home he told me to stop and I forgot to hit the brake so I went thru ym nieghbours hedge. LOL.

I'm laughing about it now but at the time I just cryed.

Please tell me that somewhere out there, that someone has had a worse driving lesson that.
spider girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby worstfriend » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:29 pm

My sister drove into a ditch on her first lesson! the car had to get towed!

It was you 1st lesson!

Things get easier, believe me.

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby spider girl » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:33 pm

I hope so coz I'm dreading the next one. [-o<
Which is next Monday.
spider girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:46 pm

Don't worry, my best mate has had have alot of lessons and he still makes mistakes. On his first lesson he drove around at something like 30mph and then increased to 40mph in a 30mph zone... after that he forgot to slow down and went round a corner at 30mph... errrrrm, on another lesson he was meant to give way to on coming traffic but didnt whilst traffic was coming towards him.... oh, and the funniest of all was when he went round the round about the wrong way.. LOL
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby smile » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:05 pm

I haven't had an official driving lesson yet but I have had a few lessons from my Dad down our road. The first time I kept pulling the clutch up and then pushing it down again so that the car repeatedly jumped foward. We were edging closer and closer to our garage so eventually my Dad just yanked the handbrake up.

Remember, from now on you can only get better. :D
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:26 pm

I got knocked off my bike by a leaner last year :-?
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:38 am

This is going to sound really big headed but its not
Learning to drive by my dad in a warehouse to start was very easy for me

And I know its cruel but me and my dad used to watch learners outside our house trying to pull away on a steep hill and watch them stall it for about 10 minutes :D

I passed first time and I knew I had passed before I got back to the test centre
In fact its probably one of the only things in my life I felt 200% confident on on the day

And im not being big headed
Just proud
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:34 am

One of my friends nearly ended up putting the car into the front of a pub.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:34 am

I hated the first few driving lessons and think what happened to you is normal when you start. A lot of people especially boys watch their dad or get to have a go before having lessons and then find it easier, if you have never used a gear stick, steering wheel or mirrors then it will take time to learn. It is actually a very complicated thing to learn but in time you will pick it up.

Try not to worry everyone has to start somewhere and if you are nervous it makes you panic over little things. Take your time you will get there! Dont think that everyone has 3 lessons then is an expert, for some people it just takes longer to master it. Be positive and if your instructor distracts you too much then change
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Stacker » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:52 pm

I hated driving so much when I first started that when ever I had to reverse for some reason my foot would tend to slip and I would reverse so fast that my driving instructer thought I was going to tip the car.

But I suprised myself by passing 1st time round,I wonder if i had anything to do with wearing a short skirt.LOL. :lol:
Actions speak louder than words.
Stacker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:33 pm

Hehe stacker. That got me laughing :lol:

I'm desperately wanting to drive now. I'm so fed up with public transport. As soon as I'm legal and can afford it, it will be the first thing I do.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby jensensi » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:36 pm

im learning at the mo. i have my test in 5 weeks arrgh!!!!!
im still pretty rubbish tho. somehow i still stall it every single lesson and i've had about 30. lol
jensensi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Chit Chat