making a film and i need tips?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

making a film and i need tips?

Postby Jimbo » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:39 am

We are about to make a film but im having trouble working out how to make it look like someone has been shot.

i want one off the actors to shoot another, but i want to see the blood squirt out when the bullet hits him, i thought of using a pump but theres not enough presure to burst the blood packet. anybody out there know how i would achive this??

any other tips alsos welcome.
Jimbo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby worstfriend » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:02 pm

I dont think blood would spurt out, though it depends where he's shot. If he's shot in the chest, and he's not naked, it'd be better to have a lot of "blood" in a bag attached to his back with a fine tube running over his shoulder to his chest (where the "bullet" goes in). That way, as he's shot he can squeeze a wee bit out and then when he falls the "blood" will be squeezed by his weight and will pour out, soaking his shirt quickly. If you use about 1-2 pints (or even a litre) of fake blood this will look extremely dramatic without "spurting" and there won't be any tell-tale hand actions from working a pump.

?

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jimbo » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:19 pm

Thanks that is a good idea.

i should have said though the actor will be wearing a coat and we wanted a peice of his coat to fly off as if he was really shot, any ideas on how we do that???
Jimbo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:02 pm

Which genre and what style do you intend the film to be?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby worstfriend » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:08 pm

Is he being shot from in front or behind (by the gun i mean, not the camera)?

If you want the piece of coat over the exit wound to fly off, then maybe you can prepare asmall velcro-d patch of coat where the exit wound will be, sew some fishing line (invisible or near-invisible) thread through it and have someone out of shot tear it off as the "bullet" goes through.

You'de need to light carefully so the thread doesn't show up.....

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat