Upset about Westlife

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Upset about Westlife

Postby HEYWHATEVER » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:58 pm

hiya im realy upset about westlife and bryan leaving i know they havent split up but there has been rumors goin round that they are going to split up i realy hope they dnt i have been realy depressed and dont like goin in school as it up sets me when people say that plz give me advice i no it sounds daft and it proberbly sound pathetic but ive liked em since they first came out and foolowed them every from cg xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
HEYWHATEVER
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:26 pm

It's understandable that you feel upset about Bryan leaving and the possibility of the group now deciding to seperate. Supporting a band is something that's with you every day, so when the band are no longer together then your days will be different. It's horrible to think that something you love might end soon, but even when it does end it's not really over. Band members leave due to personal reasons. This is not a selfish act but something that band member needs to do. Fans need to accept that they are supporting people, and ultimately it is the well-being of those people and their families that is most important.

The members of the band will still be out there doing their own thing, perhaps pursuing solo careers in music or trying out another field such as acting on stage, and the fans of those band members will still be out there too. You often find that when a band split, they are kept together through the fans. Fan sites don't just stop when the band decide to, but the fan sites stick around in continuing memory of the band. In a way it's the same thinking as when someone dies, you are upset they are no longer around but you focus on all the good things and successes in their years.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:41 pm

It is upsetting when your favourite group splits up but as Enigma has said hopefully each member will still be around doing their own thing of some sort, whether it be TV, music or film, and you can continue to support them by being a fan.

They are all grateful for the support their fans have given them - they wouldn't have been so successful if it wasn't for people enjoying their music so hopefully they will continue for as long as they feel it possible. They also all have their own lives, have or want familes and sometimes feel that things have reached a natural end. If they dont enjoy what they do anymore it wouldn't be right or fair to fans to carry on if they arent happy.

I remember when Take That split up and it was horrible because they were one of the only boy bands at the time and there weren't other groups like them. One of my friends was very upset and i remember us all comforting her - she even appeared on Kilroy to talk about it!

Luckily we can all remember our favourite bands from listening to their albums or watching videos of them even if they aren't making anything new and you will start to like other bands perhaps just not as much as you like Westlife.

Good luck i hope you are ok.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:57 pm

Personally, I think the sooner bands like that cease to be- the better
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jo » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:03 pm

Awwww, where is your empathy Fidel?!

I remember when Take That split up. I was working in a Youth Club at the time and there were quite a few tearful girls.

So don't worry HEYWHATEVER, you are not alone in the way you feel and it doesn't sound pathetic!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Chit Chat