Reincarnation... Do you believe? What were you?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Maybe, Not sure
9%

Total votes : 11

Reincarnation... Do you believe? What were you?

Postby Cat Q » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:55 pm

hiya

Now this is a weird one, I know, but sometimes I can be a bit cooky :roll: :D , so here goes...

I belive in reincarnation, and slightly belive in Buddism, this is were we work our way up from life, from an organism to say a rat then a dog then a human etc.

In other words, if you did good in one life you`ll asend the food chain, if not you live as that creature again or go down a peg.....

But, back to the topic....

Do you think you have lived before? And if so what or who were u?

No silly make belive stuff please... (How do you spell belive anyway??)

And what or who would you like to be ... ie a soldier, pop star... Cat, wolf etc
Cat Q
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Fidel » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:12 pm

I'm sure Siddharta Gutama would be delighted to hear that you quite believe in his religion.

I don't believe in reincarnation. It's propaganda to make you confrom to religion in my opinion
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Cat Q » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:43 pm

Well I`ll start things off, being a believer and all! :D

I Think this is only my second turn as being a human,
cause in my first human life I wasnt a very nice person, I was a man, a soldier in the second world war, but I was a German, I died during the conflict in the trenches, Im sure I was in the infrantry.

It`s strange, I Know, But Ive felt like I`ve known this all of my present life, Hard to explain how I think like I do, But I JUST KNOW....

As for animals, Im sure Ive been a Cat MORE than once, I am Obbsessed with cats, always have been. Although I think I could have been somewhat a more Unworthy animal like a cow or goat.

Please No "Mickey taking"...
Cat Q
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby luvva » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:01 pm

I do believe in reincarnation but I don't really think it's like a chain, so if we did something good we would become something better or if we did something bad we would become something like an insect or goat etc.

I'm different to you Cat Q, I can't remember at all what I might have been, I think that everyone has been something before just you can't remeber at all....except for the odd person that does have some recollection of it.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:22 pm

I'm not sure whether I believe in it although I do believe there is something after life. Something that we can't understand until we are there. I don't think I've lived before but when we die I don't think that that is the end.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jo » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:28 pm

I'm another non-believer. I think that all of these beliefs evolve out of our need to believe something. The human mind is a very powerful thing!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby tinker1 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:08 pm

I don't know if i belive but....
I belive if i did have a past life i was a taxi driver who either died of smoking or someone close to me did.
I think that because for some reason i seem to know my way every where, i never take a wrong turning or anything, anf i absolutly hate people smoking with a great passion and i have no idea why!!
tinker1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jupiter » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:32 pm

i believe in it, its strange i just remember some kind of past lives, not that i can remember alot but i used to freak my teachers at school out with workbooks full of stories about WW2 with alot of detail and even asked my parents if they wtrote them, wierd huh? also remember other past lives from alot further back. i dont believe in the buddist view that theres some kind of order to it. i purely tghink that its a case of human sole recycling of some sort... when someone dies their soul is taken over in another persons body and a small bit of their history is taken with it. im a catholic so im not meant to believe that you get reincarnated, but i do.
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Llisa » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:43 pm

I don't believe in reincarnation. I take my belief from the Bible..."It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this, the judgment."
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jupiter » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:50 pm

yeah Llisa thats what im meant to believe, i go to church and stuff and believe in god i just dont believe that, its a comfort thing almost sometimes with me, apart from having felt it. id rather think someone i loved who dies is still on earth in someone elses body than in heaven.
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Llisa » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:59 pm

I personally would rather think of those I love in heaven with my Saviour then down here on this wretched earth.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ms 6275 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:04 pm

As an atheist i dont believe in heaven or reincarnation(well not in the normal form as u'll see) what i believe is that we are made of matter and energy and when the matter part dies the energy carrys on as energy cant die.

The matter gets used again aswell because when this planet and sun go boom the matter will fly through the galaxy and form new stars and planets and life which i guess is a form of reincarnation.

We came from the stars and we go back to the stars
I am nobody and Nobody is perfect Therefore, I must be perfect - can't remember

Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering - yoda

If it can go wrong it will go wrong - sods law
ms 6275
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Cat Q » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:37 am

I know this post is kinda weird, :o
and in some ways I think It may be just the mind playing tricks,
but if the feeling is so strong that you just KNOW, Must be SOMETHING to it? :-?

About the trench, I onestly don`t remember much, it`s more of a feeling.

(I could just be going crazy though) But I seem NOT to be the only one.... :D
Cat Q
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby daveshow » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:41 pm

i sometimes get a feeling of dejavu but its not from a past life as such its something i feel i have dreamed or done before although i cant remember doing so.
"I eat green berets for breakfast and right now i'm very hungry"
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:15 pm

I get Deja Vu all the time. For prolonged periods
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Next

Return to Chit Chat