Do you donate blood?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Loopy » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:55 pm

I don't cos I'm afraid of it.. :oops:

I don't like that feeling where you can just feel blood draining out of you.. yeuch!
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sparkly_star » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:30 pm

Loopy wrote:I don't like that feeling where you can just feel blood draining out of you.. yeuch!

I can't say I've noticed that u can literally feel the blood draining out of u... it is kinda cool watching the bag fill up with blood tho heh heh.

The only thing u can feel is the needle in ur arm and it kinda starts to hurt once its been in there a while. I actually have these like tiny scars at the point where the needle goes in.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Loopy » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:49 pm

seriously, i have a problem with it! everytime i've had to have a blood test i lie there thinking, right, don't be ridiculous, it's ok.. but as soon as they put the needle in i pass out!! they even called the emergency team once cos they thought i'd gone into shock!
Funnily enough, i don't seem to have the same problem with injections.. Weird huh?
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sparkly_star » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:52 pm

That can't be nice...

Maybe it's because with an injection they're putting something in, not taking something out?
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Loopy » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:53 pm

yup it's definately psychological, i'm just weird!
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:06 pm

Loopy, we're both weird, then - I can feel myself going faint just thinking about having blood taken...Yet I don't mind injections, either!

Luckily, I had a serious illness as a child, so I don't have to feel guilty about being too much of a wuss to give blood now! Phew...!

xxxxxxxx
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:22 am

you don't feel the blood trickling out of you! iv had blood tests and i mean they did take like 5-7 syringe full things out of me lol which made me feel a tiny bit faint but i looked away when they did and i didn't really notice a thing!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sparkly_star » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:38 am

I'm gonna sound twisted lol but I actually kinda like watching the tubes fill up when they do blood tests...
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:41 am

ok lol fair enough :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:37 am

It's on my list to starting getting my blood tested from 2005 onwards. I don't even know my blood type! And considering diabetes and heart conditions run through my fathers side of the family tree, it really should have been prioritised a long time ago. So, no, I don't give blood.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby paganstar » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:44 pm

Yes i donate blood havent in a while tho as i kept having babys lol,im due to some point in the new year il do it again :D
an ye harm none do as ye will
paganstar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Chit Chat