dreams

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Ogadai » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:56 pm

ok, i have one, since i've just got back off of a cruise where i had my first romance and all the rest of it, i have continuosly dreamed of approaching the sides of the ship and the girl i was with coming up behind me and simply standing next to me, no words, no actions, we just stand there it's actually quite weird thiking about it but it's what i have.
also it was either last night or the night before i actually dreamt i was Sharpe and for those of you who don't know what it is it's a drama series following a common soldier who gets brought up through the ranks from Luitenant to Major in Portugal and Spain from 1809-1813.
try and interperet them if you can because i have a feeling i know about the first one is that i'm missing her and the holiday but not so sure about the second!
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby xgemma86x » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:36 pm

I had a really awful dream last night :( Can't remember much but the little bits I can freaked me out!!

I dreamt that I went to visit my best friend (his sister was there too)but it was the first time I'd seen in ages!! He was really worried about something and he seemed to be drunk and panicking. I kept asking him what was wrong but he wouldn't tell me. Instead he just made me and his sister get into his car (which happened to be an electric blue Subaru) and drove really crazily down a long,dark winding road. He was speeding but wouldn't speak to us. We ended up at a graveyard where he showed me the grave of his dad. I got really upset with him for not telling me that his dad had died. I kept saying to him "omg dan you never told me,you shoulda told me"......after that I woke up :-?

(In reality I have never met his sister,he doesn't drive and his dad is far from dead):|
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LemonJuice87 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:30 am

Hi guys.

Sorry but i'm not at home at the moment. I should be back in the next couple of days.

Will do all your dreams when i get back i promise. =]
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 am

normally my dreams have cbeebies in them cause i can here it on the tv in the background. i dreamed me and my partner was walking to the beach with my little 9 month old son and on the left hand side someone had made a fireman sam statue out of sand. i showed it to my little son and he got all excited flaapping his little arms about :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby liddy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:56 pm

I usually have very weird, dark dreams but last night I dreamt I was (first of all) in a church with marco pierre white and he was sitting in the middle of a very full pew of people and I kept running up to him (I think I was a child) and then that I was in a proffesional and very busy kitchen and he sat me on a high stool and showed me how to make little filled pasta-shapes. I had a go at making them myself and he kept coming back to check how I was doing!
I actually woke up feeling really happy - Weird or what? :-?
liddy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mandyxoc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:49 pm

emm that is weired! lol

I was staying over with my boyfriend and I had a dream that he cheated on me !! I woke up in a pure mood with him! lol Had to convince myself it was a dream then when I got out my mood and explained to him we couldn't stop laughing! :lol:
Mandy Xx
mandyxoc
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby helicopterpilot » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Anyone ever had the teeth falling out dream? Or the running up spiral stairs with someone awful with a knife chasing you from behind?
helicopterpilot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mandyxoc » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:00 am

Yes actually I've had both them!! :o what do they mean, do you know??

The teeth one was horrible! It was as if they were crumbling away and I couldn't do anything to stop it! I was soooo glad when I woke up teeth intact I'll yell you!!

The spiral stairecase was when I was a little girl but I'll never forget it, I was a maiden in a medievil castle and I was running up a tower away from a bad guy with a swored! lol
Mandy Xx
mandyxoc
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:20 pm

I've had 2 dreams recently which were both aviation related, one of which ive had before.

The most recent one was about 3 nights ago - I had a dream that there was a light aircraft flying over my house, I look up at it and notice that its engine has started to fail. For some reason the nose of the plane pitches up, leading to the plane stalling, and crashes into a house at the end of my road...

And the second dream, ive had a few times, though not regularly. I'm in the plane I trained on in Cornwall, over an area of Cornwall I know really well. I remember thinking 'Im directly over my house now' Look down at my charts only to look back up again and realise that the planes gone into a spin and is spinning directly towards the ground, I attempt to resolve the situation and perform the actions required to recover from a spin but they dont work and my last thoughts are 'here we go' as im about to hit the ground (which is a field) and at this point I wake up.

What do they mean? :-?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby moving2spain » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:25 pm

i have dreams every now and again about 2 girls at school (i'm 24 now)who were supposed to be my best friends but bullied me in a way and always made me feel bad by spreading stories, the dreams always involve them picking on me and me trying to stand up for myself. i cant believe i still dream about these girls, i think they must have really affected me, can anyone give me their opinion?
moving2spain
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Pwif » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:46 am

Empathy wrote:I have this recurring dream of a tsunami approaching all the time in different places where i run for my life hiding from it. Its freaking me out and ive become more and more secretive and keep myself to myself. This is making my friends turn around from me and i feel like im going crazy...plz help
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Pwif » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:47 am

HappyGoLucky wrote:There's a thread in the Chit Chat about dreams. Where are you, LemonJuice87? :P

Remember dreams aren't always exactly true, though they do signify things sometimes. Maybe you could talk to your friends about it?
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Pwif » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:49 am

LemonJuice87 wrote:I'm heeerree! Lol.

I've had the same dream before, actually, countless times. I know how you feel, they are quite scary.

*runs to get book*

Water in dreams usually symbolise's all that is emotional and feminine. A stormy sea signifies passion, either negative or positive.

My book is not very helpful with Tsunami's unfortunately. :(
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Empathy wrote:I have this recurring dream of a tsunami approaching all the time in different places where i run for my life hiding from it. Its freaking me out and ive become more and more secretive and keep myself to myself. This is making my friends turn around from me and i feel like im going crazy...plz help

I just remembered I had a dream a bitlike this last year, though it wasn't as frightening as that. I think it was a bit scary but I wasn't really running away from it as far as I can remember. It was more of...walking away from it, lol and about what happened after the tsunami. There was water everywhere and people around. I think I felt quite scared after this happened, but quite forgot about it...till now. :)

Your dream does sound scary but don't let a dream take over the reality here. A dream is a dream and it usually won't happen exactly as you dreamed since this seems to occur at different places. I'm no dream expert here but if I find out more about this, I'll post. :wink:

Take Care.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby BlackPeegley » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:02 pm

i dreampt that i woke up to find myself leaning over me.. then this other me kissed me, sat up and slit MY wrists, so calmly and casually.. and it was like i was strapped down, i couldn't move, i couldn't scream, then i just watched myself climb back down my ladder and she just looked at me and giggled ... then i woke up... any help?
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat