What is the worst thing that has happened to you today?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: What is the worst thing that has happened to you today?

Postby snail » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:42 am

peecee wrote:My worst thing - I can't have a bath. :(

Is there a funny smell in here? :-s

Only kidding, Pee! 8-[
We all know your natural fragrance - vanilla mixed with mint choc chip - is lovely 8)
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RagDoll » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:43 am

The worst thing that's happened to me today isn't nearly as dramatic as the hoover story, but... I bought some new shoes for work yesterday and they are KILLING me! The skin on the back of my heel has been rubbed off :( I want to get a drink from the office water cooler, but I don't want to walk over there so I guess I'll just de-hydrate haha
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 am

RagDoll wrote:The worst thing that's happened to me today isn't nearly as dramatic as the hoover story, but... I bought some new shoes for work yesterday and they are KILLING me! The skin on the back of my heel has been rubbed off :( I want to get a drink from the office water cooler, but I don't want to walk over there so I guess I'll just de-hydrate haha

Can't you just walk on the back of yoour shoes so it doesn't hurt or if you have socks on just walk over in them. I do at work in summer lol. It's only a small office and no one pays attention normally.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 am

I don't have socks or tights on, otherwise I'd just walk over there without my shoes on! I could walk on the back of my shoes, but it's kinda annoying doing that when they're new (e.g. ruining them a bit, the leather hasn't softened yet hence the pain!)

Don't know what I'm going to do at lunchtime - I normally go into town and have a mooch around, but I think my poor feet are going to keep me tied to my desk :( heh
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:18 pm

I have found some plasters to put on the backs of my heels, but it's still agony to walk around! I'm even contemplating staying at work for longer so that my boyfriend can pick me up on his way home as opposed to walking home, that's how bad it is ;) hehe
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:02 pm

I would have sworn peecee was doing at April fool with the hoover story until I noticed the date :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby peecee » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Bel bel, cop hold of this then :) ; the day BEFORE Mr Carpet Fitter came in, my sink was blocked; so I was wobbling around pulling the washine machine out, undoing pipes and stuff (like you do), when I suddenly smelled burning. I panicked and squeezed my fat butt around the washing machine (got the bruises to prove it... :o ), thinking it might be water hitting the washing machine plug.

Suddenly noticed smoke coming off the oven - during my contortions, I must have switched one of the rings on, and there was a plastic container on it - half a plastic container now. :oops: So I spent half an hour scraping and peeling bits of plastic off the oven, wondering if I should post about it on PP ("you know you're spending too much time on PP when..." :rofl:).

But at least I got the sink unblocked... :P

And I had a shower this morning. :o

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:41 am

Not me but my mam has had a good day so far; her bus broke down this morning ourside a cemetry; then they got about 5mins up the road and the driver stopped the bus and got off - they all thought he was checking the bus at a more convenient place to stop; turns out he'd saw a woman having a fit and was helping her (nice guy!) a nurse/paramedic came along so the bus driver could leave. This was all before 8 as well lol.

It's nice to see a helpful citezen; last night I was shopping and some lady had dropped her bag - the whole queue saw it and watched her walk away; I had to walk past the people who were standing watching her to pick her bag up and give it to her - it's just rude!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Chit Chat