What is the worst thing that has happened to you today?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: What is the worst thing that has happened to you today?

Postby PurePurple » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:49 pm

retrochav wrote:My boss trapped her nipple in a filling cabinet - thank god for home visits, shes a miserable cow at the best of times!!!!!

Oh lord :o, I would have been wetting myself if I was there, LOL. How did she manage that :lol:
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby spider girl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:23 pm

brfc wrote:my dad says some silly things think all parents do. guess its just there silly way of sying they care about you. its hard to think that at the time i know!!

Thanks hun, that made me smile. :D

Was told yesterday that my boss was unable to get me a job with the firm in London.
I'm trying to be positive, I might go back into care after the baby's born, there's always job going in it and I know what I'm doing as I worked for 6months in a nursing home already.
Mummy to Cobain (13/9/04)
Breckin (DOB: 29/3/06)
River (Dob: 2/3/08 )
spider girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Pwif » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Went to Ikea in Wembly today (it's taken me almost all day) to pick up furniture for friends whose flat was flooded. I've never been before. Got hooted at millions of times around the Hanger Lane giratory (anyone who's been round there will know what an impossible roundabout it is). The Ikea store was huge and absolutely heaving with youngsters (I normally get on well with children :P). The furniture was very heavy, and no-one wanted to help me lift it. There were no proper directions on how to get around the store, so I kept on getting lost.

The final straw for me was when I was coming out of the store, I saw stuffed rats EXACTLY the same as one a friend recently sent me to help me get over having a rat's nest under our floorboards and in the attic. :evil:
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:49 am

Pwif wrote:Went to Ikea in Wembly today (it's taken me almost all day) to pick up furniture for friends whose flat was flooded. I've never been before. Got hooted at millions of times around the Hanger Lane giratory (anyone who's been round there will know what an impossible roundabout it is). The Ikea store was huge and absolutely heaving with youngsters (I normally get on well with children :P). The furniture was very heavy, and no-one wanted to help me lift it. There were no proper directions on how to get around the store, so I kept on getting lost.

The final straw for me was when I was coming out of the store, I saw stuffed rats EXACTLY the same as one a friend recently sent me to help me get over having a rat's nest under our floorboards and in the attic. :evil:

lol i sometimes go to the ikea in bristol. its the same here. a total mad house!
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby spider girl » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Okay so these things didn't happen today but they are still horrible things:

On Tuesday my Mum called to say that she had to have our family dog Mixie put down as she has a massive cancer growth in her stomach, Mixie was only 6 years old. I know it was for the best but I still find it upsetting. :(

And I went to see my Mum on Friday to pick up my cat Eejit, so I could bring him back up to London with me before the baby arrives.
Just before I left yesterday, he sonehow got out and was hit by a car and was killed.
Eejit was only 18 months old. :(

I spent pretty much all of last night crying, I have finally stoped now, Ben has been so sweet,I'm kind of glad that the boys are with their Dads for a few days as at least I can think of a way of breaking the news to Cobain at least.
spider girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby PurePurple » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:14 pm

:grouphug: spidergirl

I woke up today and I feel really really sick :(
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:13 pm

had to go to an indian hospital yesterday... my lung infection is back :(
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:30 pm

seeing a work colleague being mown down by a parcel van. :( driver just got in his van put van in reverse and put his foot down. it was awfull seeing her under his van! :( hope shes ok. my thoughts are with her! get well soon
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:44 pm

Blimey! Was she badly injured?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby brfc » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:48 pm

not sure. he was going some speed out of the car park. she said she couldnt feel her left leg so presume something might have been broken.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Blimey. Any news on her today?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:12 pm

brfc wrote:seeing a work colleague being mown down by a parcel van. :( driver just got in his van put van in reverse and put his foot down. it was awfull seeing her under his van! :( hope shes ok. my thoughts are with her! get well soon

Oh dear! :( Any news on her today?
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby spider girl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:11 pm

Both the boys are suffering from a stomach bug and I got a feeling I'm catching it as I feel a bit iffy today. :(
spider girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby splodge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Neighbours.

I hate them.

Especially bored housewives that have nothing else to do with their time than moan at people who have done nothing wrong.
Slander against cats, write that down.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:58 am

Happened yesterday but my brother got expelled from school.. will write more about it in another thread :(
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat