War

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

War

Postby smile » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Ok this is probably really silly and I'm probably just overreacting but I need to get this off my chest.

I am really worried about the war situation at the moment. I live about 25 miles from Central London and about 15 miles from Heathrow Airport. I just seem to constantly worry about an attack on London. Part of it is because I read an article in the paper about some guy who had predicted the French Revelution and September 11th as well as other major things. He predicted that 1/2 of Europe would be wiped out by 2005 with a war with the East of the Middle. He wrote it hundreds of years ago and the 'East of the middle' seems to be the middle east now.

I read another article as well where another person predicted London would be attacked in the year 2003. I am just getting really panicky about it. Its probably really stupid and I feel really stupid but I can't seem to sleep at night much now.

Also knowing that Saddam might have weapons of mass destruction doesn't help at all! :-?

I think its probably just me making a big deal of things. I was just wondering if someone can make sense of what I'm feeling. :( Thanks.

Smile
x x x x
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:12 pm

Hello hun.
I just wanted to write and say that i often feel like you do.
I don't think that you should believe everything that you read though hun. Someone predicted that the world would end in the year 2000, everyone thought this meant literally, but it actually meant the way in which we know it.
What gave me piece of mind was a small article written in the sun newspaper a few weeks back. It basically explained we need not worry about war right now.
You're not alone, but try not to worry.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Aldo » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:39 pm

yeah I have the same feelings, what would happen!?! anyways, I dont think you have much to worry about. Saddam etc have weapons but in terms of RANGE they dont have the range to hit us. Sure terrorists, but if war is to begin security would be tripled or more, and all the ones they are watching in the country would surely be arrested or something so we cant be hit from inside. I think you need to think of something else, you probably have more chance of getting knocked down! (hope not!)

take care.
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:32 am

With the media focusing on this topic so much, it is hard not to think about it. And it is worrying.

In this day in age war should never be a necessary course of action. War should not even be contemplated, and something needs to stop people even considering it. It just should not happen.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:34 am

Thanks Donna, Aldo and Enigma. I am trying not to think about it, I suppose it is hard when it is on the news everyday. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this though. Thanks for the reassurance. I think it's just being so close to London that worries me.

Luv
Smile
x x x x
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Aldo » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:33 pm

dont worry about it, there aint much you can do about it anyways. Yes, there is so much focus on it that its hard not to feel worried. im worried. but im also worried about what im gonna wear to work tomorrow! hehe
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:23 am

We've had a meeting at work about "disaster recovery"...
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:18 am

Doesn't sound good Enigma... I think most companies are just covering themselves just in case. Its still a bit scary though.

smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:27 pm

God that sounds scary.......then again, it's probably 'just a precaution'
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

My thoughts

Postby Daftness2k3 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:39 am

Hey, I read your post, and yeah I am a little worried, but certain things are giving me hope, these are:

The demonstrations:
Blair and Labour may be backing this war, but at the end of the day, they're politicians and their main priority is always getting re-elected....If they think millions of people are against them, they'll change, just about the time the Liberals and Tories start whinging at them.

The UN:
End of the day, we've lived by the rules of the UN for ages now. To go against it now would basically open the ways for anyone to disregard the UN. I feel the reason there's been no real bombings so far is due to they're hanging on for UN backing as long as possible. If UN support is had Iraq has half the world against them.

Iraq:
Has no navy, thus no way of transporting weapons. Their planes cannot make it here, and as pointed out, if war does happen, security will be upped....

So hopefully that makes ya feel a little better.
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:47 pm

Thanks for that daftness
Has actually made me feel better
The article that i read in the paper was along the lines of what you said. So it's really reassuring.
Thanks
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Daftness2k3 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:53 pm

No problemo....didn't read any paper though! Can i have a gold star now?!lol
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:35 pm

That really helped Daftness. I didn't know half of the stuff you said so thanks. :D *Gives you a gold star* 8)

smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby tourguide_barbie » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:57 pm

To be perfectly honest this whole thing makes me very sad. I am a bit worried about this whole war thing as I have a few friends in the army not to mention my bf!

Bush makes me sick and if there is a war I will blame it on him. All America has talked about nothing else but the war on terrorism. What about the war on poverty? sarvation? hundreds of thousands of people die from these things but still american is concentrating all its time and money into letting our own soldiers die in a war which may not be necessery!

Just had to get that out sorry!
Love TGB xXx
tourguide_barbie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kitten » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:40 pm

What you all think we should do about the Saddam situation? He has been terrorising his own people for years and things are hotting up again. I remember the problems the first time round. He is not a nice man.

War isn't an easy option, but negotiation and treaties haven't worked for us yet. I don't want war anymore than the next person but what are we to do? :cry:

It's a hard time we live in, and one day I hope to be able to see peace on the news.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Chit Chat