War

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby misatok11 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:16 pm

Well its official my brother is now in action clearing mines away from umm quasr. I have been at work and everybody has gone the mood is one that we are doing right. Most of the people have defected anyway. So i'm praying for a swift return of my brother and friends.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:09 pm

The anti-war demonstrations are not only about stopping the war, they are intended to put on record the mass opposition against it taking place.

xxx
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:13 pm

I agree with you there but the only thing i object to is the demonstrators who cause damage. there is no need for these peole to do this and give the rest of them a bad name.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:29 pm

And I agree with that, it's a shame that things can get rough.

Unfortunately that is the reality of this situation, people do feel outraged about this atrocity and want to do something about it. People cannot just accept the fact that war is taking place and then carry on as normal, that is an unreasonable expectation.

In order for people to draw more attention to their protest they have felt it necessary to become aggressive. I'm not saying it's right, but it is justified.

It is easy for us to say this war should be taking place, sitting with a cup of tea watching the war live as it happens. It's easy to make nonchalant remarks about serious matters when one is distanced from the consequences.

Of course, people know deep down that if they had relations in Iraq they would be singing a very different tune. I don't - but I know someone who does.

I don't oppose the war because I know someone that could killed, I just believe that, regardless of the justification, there always has to be an alternative resolution to war taking place. Saying that war is inevitable is admitting defeat for mankind. And that is such a disgusting thing.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:00 pm

I support all our people in Iraq 100%. I just think it's a shame it had to come to this. I think at the bottom of our hearts no-one wants war but maybe sometimes it is the only option. I don't know. There must be another way. It's just a shame that war is used to solve international differences so often. There is plenty of space in the world for all of us. But I suppose people have to have differences. You can't get on with everyone... :-?
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:05 pm

I agree with you there. If you look at it this way we have tried and tried to tell him. This is the only way. Think of Saddam as a child, you wouldnt allow a child to get off with being cheeky and naughty all the time. Most and nearly all of the targets hit have been military. This war is not against the people but will benefit the majority of the Iraqis' by letting them be free and have the opportunity to have a say in the way their country is run.
Did anybody see the Oscars last night, what a farce. I dont think it was the place or the time for to view their opinions (Especially Michael Moore) and they got a mixed reception.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:20 pm

As long as Trevor McDonald doesn't get shot there is some hope in the world.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:21 pm

...or that hot wonman who does the breakfast news on BBC1
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby alienbobuk » Tue May 13, 2003 1:07 am

....or some1 called saddam hussein :evil: we should keep him alive n put him in a zoo were every 1 can stare at him and little kids say "mummy i want 1 of those" :o
alienbobuk
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Fidel » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:30 pm

I was looking through some old topics and I'd like to bring this one up but with a new point.

I'm sick of all the fear hysteria the newspapers stir up like"Hussein could launch missiles in 45 mins", "bin Laden Plans new US attack" or "Nuclear fallout - no idea what it is but probably involves the Russians"

Are you tired of the fear strike news as brought up by Michael Moore in Bowling for Columbine?
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:53 pm

Whan have newspapers ever been nice
In fact the only thing in the newspaper that is true is the TV guide
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:56 pm

I brought up the same point in another topic, the media bends the truth a little. Example "25 gun crimes in scotland in 2003" what they fail to mention is that in 5 of those an actual fatality occured.

I have 2 friends out in Basra having their Xmas and New year there, I just want to wish them all the best. Although there isn't much news coverage of it anymore it doesn't lessen the fact that there is still a lot happening out there.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:24 pm

I feel really sorry for the people fighting Bush's oil war that are dying for the benefit of the USA
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:01 pm

I dont see it as an Oil war, ask any of my friends that are out there at the minute,it's real, its scary and the removal of a dictator hasnt calmed things down.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:58 am

I don't believe it is an oil war, at all. You have to remember Fidel, that you are prejudice against the US. Being a very close neighbour, I know exactly what it is like to live under their influence, and let me tell you, I despise the US citizens...but they are not in this war for the fun of it, or for their benefit. You think all the lives lost due to 9/11 and all of the events that have taken place thereafter are for the sole benefit of the US? It was terrorists who attacked them...not the other way around. I don't like war, and am not trying to defend anybody here, but I don't think it's fair to catagorize the US in such a harsh way...they were fighting for all of humanity if you ask me. Wether you agree with that or not, is up to you to decide, since everyone does have their own opinions...but really...more then 300 firefighters giving up their lives to help save innocent people, all in the matter of a few hours...doesn't sound like an oil war to me.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat