Feedback on PP Problems

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Feedback on PP Problems

Postby Pwif » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi,

Not sure where to post this.

I've noticed that a lot of people have responded to a wide variety of problems, but many times there is no feedback from the person who has posted the problem. I would just like some feedback as to whether the 'advice/responses' have proved useful or not. I sometimes do a search if I have a specific problem myself, and it would definitely help me if there was feedback (however brief) from the original poster.

What do others think?
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ayeaiii » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:44 pm

Sounds to me a good idea! I also like, if the person feels comfortable, sometimes to hear how things turned out. Because if well, a happy ending is nice, and if not so good, further advice can be given Yes! A very good idea, I personally think!
xxx
¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`· ¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`·
Truth, Beauty, Freedom and Love
¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`· ¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`·
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Moose » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:15 pm

I'm with you 100% Pwyfyb. I think it can be difficult, though, for people who don't get on the net much - maybe they only get the opportunity to post a problem and check the reply and that's it. Regular posters though, well, that's a different story! Regulars should deffo give us an update so we know if we're talking sense or talking rubbish. Plus, it might help with the problem of people posting replies 10 years after the original query was posted. If there was an update from the original PPer, people might be less inclined to post a response because they can see that the problem has been solved or that the poster needs more help.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby gatekeeper » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:07 pm

It'd be good if the original poster posted something like "Problem solved..." but I sometimes notice that for the more complicated problems like relationship/friendship issues, people usually stop replying even though the problem has some new developments. I think it's just a. they forgot about the problem, b. It's tiring to read the problem from page 1, including the replies of other posters to make sure you're not repeating what other's had said.

So yea, it'd be good if we have an option "View all boards started by this poster." Because I also see people go something like "Some of you might remember my problem with my ex about 3 months ago..." Not many can remember and some new users might want to read the original problem before commenting.

I hope someone gets me, so tired and sleepy I can't think. :oops:
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too...
So I wait for the day and the courage to say how much I love you
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby all_apologies » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:51 pm

*Moved to forum support for suggestions about the site. Cheers 8)
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Forum Support