topic watch isn't working!

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

topic watch isn't working!

Postby peecee » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:45 pm

For the last week, I haven't been receiving emails about topics which have had responses.

I haven't changed any settings on my pc, although I'm panicking a bit about a virus attack on my office pc, which got through three layers of virus checks!! You never know if they're out to get you... :o

Or am I on the "stop" list because I had some rather over-the-top rants last week...? :oops:
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enigma » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:29 pm

Have you changed any email related settings at your end recently? Have you checked the trash can/junk mail folder to see if emails are in there? Are any other members else experiencing the same issue?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby peecee » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:50 pm

Haven't changed my end :wink: , nothing's arrived in junk or deleted folders.

Will keep fiddling about until something falls off...
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nothings_shocking » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:23 pm

have you changed anything under your profile bit? unticked or tick something you shouldn't have? I know here is an option of whether or not you wnt emails alerting you of new posts...
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:45 pm

No, and no.

Went onto the internet, typed in "problem pages", and got this;
This is a version of http://www.problempages.co.uk/ as it looked when our crawler examined the site on 18/01/2005. The page you see below is the version in our index that was used to rank this page in the results to your recent query. This is not necessarily the most recent version of the page - to see the most recent version of this page, visit the page on the web.

If you can see this message you are using an older browser. This site is built using XHTML and CSS2 which is not fully understood by older browsers. Parts of this site may not look or work as intended in your browser. You can obtain a free version 6 browser from Opera

So have the pp web designers changed things in the last few days?

I've now downloaded Opera, but it's a completely different set-up to my Wanadoo account, and it looks as if I've got to reregister with pp? Can't be bothered to try it at the moment, maybe I'll set up an account as "slobbering ice cream girl" in the next few days, and see if anything comes through to an Opera inbox (hey, that sounds swanky!) :P
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enigma » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:55 pm

peecee, the XHTML and CSS2 compatibility notice has always been in the page code of the site. The Google Cache is showing the page without styles appropriately applied, as when they are applied in visual browsers the compatibility notice is not displayed. You do not need to download another browser, as this is not the problem.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby peecee » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:42 pm

Hysterical giggle!!!

Just got 26 notifications...War and Peace!!

No idea why - bring back sloping desks and quill pens, much easier to deal with...

xxxxxxxxxxx :P
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:36 pm

Wow! Sounds like they were held up on a mail server somewhere.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Enigma » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:46 am

Some problems sort themselves out all on their own, eh?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Forum Support