I'm having trouble

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I'm having trouble

Postby Fidel » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:22 pm

Recently I've been trying to answer more problems as it felt like I was moving away from that area but often problems are posted in what I would call "Pigeon English" ie some read like they are text messages. No paragraphing, very poor sentence construction (which can lead to ambiguity) and in text slang.

I don't mean to sound picky but I find it very hard to understand problems when they are posted like that and therefore cannot answer them
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LME79 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:26 pm

Hi Fidel,

I have noticed this too and have had to edit several posts because of it. People that use text lingo have been PMed and hopefully this problem will soon be rectified.

However (and this is for everyone), as there are so many forums and topics to moderate it can be easy for moderators to miss such elements within topics. Please, everyone, if you spot a topic that contains text lingo (or indeed any topic that violates the Forum Rules), it would be very much appreciated if you could PM one of the moderating team :D

Please let me reiterate that text lingo is not allowed in these forums.

Yip, that will be all :)

LME xxx
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Moose » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:45 pm

I'll second that, Fidel (well, third it, as LME agreed!). I have trouble understanding it, and English is my first language... Maybe I am living in a dream world, but I had no idea that people actually wrote like that in everyday life - i.e. when they're not in a text message. Isn't it really difficult to do? I reckon I'd have to concentrate really hard in order to write in txt al da tym. (That was supposed to be "All the time"!)
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Forum Support