Help Needed.

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Help Needed.

Postby chosenfew » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:26 pm

Well im jobless and applying to work with firstchoice as a rep abroad. i got passed the first stage and been invited to the assesment day....here is the email they sent me telling me what i need to prepare.

Our assessment days are a chance for us to meet with you to assess if you are
the type of person we are looking to recruit for our Overseas programme. It is
also your opportunity to find out even more about First Choice as well as what
it's like to work Overseas.

The assessment centre will consist of approximately 12 candidates, which will give us plenty of opportunity to get to know you. The assessment day will be split into 2 parts - the first part of the day will last approximately 3 hours and will include group exercises and a pre-prepared presentation. If you meet the criteria we are looking for in the first part of the day, then you will be invited to attend the second part of the day, which will include a First Choice Group 'product knowledge' and 'basic numeric' test, as well as a one-to-one interview where you will have the chance to sell yourself to us.

We recommend that in preparation for your assessment you familiarise yourself with our holiday brochures and visit our website www.firstchoice.co.uk, as this will form part of the 'product knowledge' test.

What should I prepare?
You are required to prepare a sales presentation, which you will deliver to the group. It must last 2 minutes and we would like you to sell us a ticket to one of the following: a Hawaiin Night, a trip in a Time Machine or a ticket to the Moon. Your sale must include at least 2 visual aids related to your chosen sales theme. Please note that no OHP or PowerPoint facilities are available.

the problem is i dont have a clue what to do. i applied to be a childrens rep last year and went so unprapared it was untrue. no one here at home could help me as they didnt know what to do so im hoping not to make an ass of myself this time round hopefuly with the help of you.

if you can help me please do not hesitate to reply or pm me :D
thanks x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby kacie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:52 am

Last edited by kacie on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kacie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby brfc » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:43 pm

can i borrow the grass skirt go well with my hula hoop :D my hawain shirt on woohoo im away. there you are chosen you sold me a holiday lol.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:02 pm

You wouldn't believe how similar their selection process is to pilot recruitment. We almost have the same sequence of events.

What I suggest you do is just familiarise yourself with bits of the brochure such as destinations, attractions..etc Also remember the job isnt all easy. I remember from my college days that 'Airport' days are often days when reps get no sleep or very little sleep within a 24hr period. Its worth stating things like this in the interview because atleast they will see you're still keen despite the 'bad' parts of the job.

Regarding the exercises. Just brush up on your basic maths (Addition, multiplication..etc) With the actual exercise about a sales presentation, I guess they just want to see how well you sell the product because as a holiday rep you are expected to try and sell excursions to your holidaymakers.

Feel free to add me to msn to discuss it further.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kitten » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:06 pm

For the presentation I'm imagine they want to see how well you can sell things.

Chose your trip - then brainstorm all the things you can think of about it - then set out a paragraph of all the benefits a person would get from the trip - how wonderful it is - an an opportunity to do something wonderful.

The grass skirt is a good idea - perhaps if you don't want things obstructing you, you could wear it over your clothes for the presentation and a flower in your hair - and say - you can live this for real or something.

They are looking for someone who can sell their product from them and make the company a profit.

As for the research get brochures and check out their website write bullet points about the company so you can over and over them to give you confidence on the day.

Best of luck
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...