I Cant put On Weight

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I Cant put On Weight

Postby xBecky-Bunniex » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:28 pm

Im Really Skinny And Some People Mistake Me For Anorexic (Cant Spell)
I Eat So Much Bu Just Cant Seem To Put On Weight
I Cant Find Any Trousers That Fit Me .. I Must Be A Size 4 .. Size 6 Trousers Are Too Big
I Dont No What To Do
Because Im Desperated And Really Want To Put On Some Weight But I Dont No How
Does Anybody have Some Suggestions?

x x x
xBecky-Bunniex
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby chat noir » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:03 pm

your doctor should be able to devise an eating plan which includes healthy foods which can help you gain a bit of weight, pasta, carbs in general are good for that I think, also protein for muscle etc...personally Im not entirely sure as my problem is the opposite of yours but I think a doctor or dietician could help...
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:24 pm

My advice to you is to go to your doctor and get refered to a dietician. Thats exactly what I did. It could be that you have a fast motabolism.

I know it's really hard going. I sympathise with you because it can be quite a confidence killer.

I hope that you're okay.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby xBecky-Bunniex » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:09 pm

Thanks For You Help
Will Try And See A Doctor
Thanks Again x
xBecky-Bunniex
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby crazy_in_love » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:40 pm

hey, i agree that you should see a doctor. You could have overactive thyroid glands. This can be serious if not sorted out, so do go to the doctors. If it is your thyroids youll get medication for it and you should start to gain some weight.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby innocent » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:49 pm

i had the same problem, i had to have a tube in my nose to feed me while i was sleeping then i ate during the day, it helped but was not a nice thought. Your doctor could perscribe you these milkshake drinks that are really good at helping you to put on weight.
innocent
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:27 am

I think a product called 'Complan' is supposed to be good to use.

Let us know how you're getting on.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby cmancini » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:10 pm

ahh hon are you quite young? I was the same, I used to eat and eat and say i wished i was fat so then i could diet! then when i hit my twenties i filled out and had a perfect figure (ahem) people jealous of my flat stomach etc but now i'm having to join the others and watch what i eat and i have to say it's more fun trying to put weight on than take off!! and its weird me feeling average size instead of skinny i kind of miss it even though i hated it at the time
i honestly think it's an age thing and be thankful you will put weight on eventually, and enjoy stuffing your face while you wait. honestly i think it's unfair i've always eaten loads and now i cant, it seems cruel in some way. If i'd been big and had to be careful i'd be used to it now.
Anyway i know its easy for me to say, but i used to get grannies come up to me in the street saying, you need feeding up, and dont you eat nothing (these were in the days before size zero etc) and i used to think i dont bloomin stop eating. those were the days sigh.............
Claire
cmancini
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby xBecky-Bunniex » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:17 pm

Thanks For All Your Help
I Think Im GUnna Go To the Doctors And See What They Say
Ive Just Turned 15 Btw
xx
xBecky-Bunniex
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby retrochav » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:12 am

There are those who are deemed to be obeese, when they barely eat at all. Your GP can certainly give advice about healthy weight gain. Dont try eating junk food because you wont put weight on, merely put pressure on your health.

If your GP says you are a healthy weight for your height, try to have faith in what s/he says. Trousers can be taken up to fit (most dry cleaners do alterations) and you will probably grow in height and in waist size over the next year or so.

You may have a build like my mother, who is only a size 8. She spent her teens bitterly regretting she wasnt a 10-12, whilst her fried was desperate to be a size 14 (she was an 18). Today mum is accepts she is a beautiful wispy lady - just as she was at fifteen, and her friend is a beautiful fuller figured lady, just as she was at fifteen. Emphasize your best features, hold your head high and forget the things your not keen on, and watch those around you druel over the most attractive thing a person can have - the look of confidence.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...