I feel boring!! :(

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I feel boring!! :(

Postby seksiclaire » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:28 pm

Hiya, i know this is gunna sound totally stupid n i dunno if its even in the right place but here goes...I feel like a boring person. well compared to other people anyway. I am female, 19 years old and working full time. Everyone else my age is out every weekend getting drunk and partying, but i would much rather go to the pictures or out for a meal with my friends or go to my boyfriends or something. I dont really like drinking that much and only do it if its like a special occasion someones birthday or christmas/new year. My best friend who is a gay male goes to university and they go out a lot but he says he wud much rather be with me at the pics or just havin a laff with me than goin out drinkin with a load of students he doesnt like. But i just feel like i am boring compared with everyone else and i feel like i should want to go out clubbing every weekend but i just dont lol n i duno why. The other night was our works awards evening n everyone was drinking except me and my mate who i work with and everyone was like "oh i cant believe ur not having a drink" but i just didnt want a bad head the next day for work. is there something wrong with me for preferring to stay in and not drink or just want to go to the pics or for a meal somewhere without drinking? any advice is welcome lol. sorry if it was stupid though.
seksiclaire
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:46 pm

funny really i used too go out clubbing and drinking every weekend till i met my current g/f and now i just prefer too relax with her or go cinema at weekends. i love the fact i dont wake up with a hangover on a sun morning now. guess sometimes you just grow out of boozing 24/7. i sure have and i dont miss it at all.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LME79 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:20 pm

Not boring or stupid at all, my sweet. Different people have fun in different ways; some people like to go out and drink, some people (like you) like to go out for a meal, some people (like me) like to stay in and play Trivial Pursuit.

There's nothing wrong with staying in or going out for a meal- it's your prerogative. Ignore the "oooh I can't believe you're not drinking" crowd; it's none of their business. Everyone's different and it's completely up to you how you spend your social life. Besides, your liver will thank you for it ;)

(I'm not looking down on people that like going out for a drink, by the way, I like to have a drink too but have actually cut that down a lot recently :))
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby seksiclaire » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:28 pm

awww thanks brfc and lilmissespana that really helped:) i know i like to have a drink now and again aswell but i just dont wanna feel like im not "the norm" coz everyone else does it or whatever. and true i will be a lot healthier for it lol! :P
seksiclaire
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LME79 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:31 pm

Glad I could be of help, young lady :)

No such thing as "the norm" either....not in my mind. anyway :D
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby brfc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:19 am

glad i could help claire. you just be yourself and people will love you for it take care x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:58 pm

Hey

Yeah, I feel very much the same as you. I often feel as if I just completely bore everyone and that they could be doing a million things better than talk to me. I'm use to the whole 'oh you're not drinking' thing and I don't go clubbing at all.

The positive thing for you is that you have a boyfriend and also a friend who you can go out to dinner with, or go to the cinema with. Thats a good thing and i'm sure that if you explain that to your friends they would understand.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby seksiclaire » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 pm

awww thanks thats really nice of you:) these replies on here have made me feel that i dont have to conform to everyone else to be happy, i am happy with what i do, and screw everyone else who thinks im sad just coz i dont go out every weekend i dont care. lol :D
seksiclaire
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Moose » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:58 pm

I actually thought of this thread last night when I was sitting on my settee playing the Little Britain DVD game! I'm 24 and I've not been into going out every weekend since I was about 18. Yeah I do have a good time when I do go out but thankfully I don't feel the pressure as much any more. At least I know that when I do go out I'm not wasting £30 on a rubbish night - usually it is worth it!
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby retrochav » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:35 pm

As you can see, having the courage to do your own thing doesnt make you borring. Quite the reverse, it makes you interesting and unique, and that will always draw people to you. I bet if you do go to a bar, you have a great night because you have a specific reason to be there, are in control of what you drink and enjoy yourself.

Its easy to feel shaken when the crowd are doing something diffrent. But please keep your faith, it would be a dull, borring world if we were all generic people like something out of Stepford!
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby chat noir » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:51 pm

I hate clubbing and pubbing too - it has caused trouble in the past when friends have wanted me to go out to a club for their birthdays or whatever but Id rather watch paint dry than do that! I find its usually a depressing night and a waste of money..zzzzzzz!
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:54 pm

Chat Noir

Do you really think like that? I can't believe theres someone who has the same views on clubs as me. =D>
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby katie86 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:27 pm

I don't think its boring at all seksiclaire! I do like the odd night out and I am at university in a big city and I love the nightlife. But I absolutely love going out for meals etc with my friends because you can actually sit down and have good giggle and some interesting conversations. Me and one of my best friends have had a tradition for the past year of just going out for pudding in the evenings! Our group of friends have film nights and little sleepovers at each other's flats all the time and we're all 20! Its great!

One of my friends, like you has a full time job and can't go out in the week, and has gone off going out at the weekend because of all the aggro. So whenever i'm back i always pop round for a cup of tea and we cook each other dinner. Because I don't get to see her very often I think it is a much better way to spend quality time with her.

I do like dancing and a good night out on the town, but the quiet nights with my friends are where I get to spend real time with them and I love that more than any night out.

I have the occassional night of excess but in general I hardly ever drink a lot, and I am very comfortable going out drinking nothing at all. Don't feel pressured into drinking, if you don't need to drink on a night out then you're very lucky that you don't need alcohol to make things more interesting!
katie86
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby katie86 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:35 pm

Just thought of something else which will make you feel better, I went out for a drink one night with my friend, it got to about 11.30 and all the pubs were closing and we really didn't fancy going to a bar or a club... so instead we went to the 24 hour asda nearby and went clothes shopping in the george section! Very random but it was fun!
katie86
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby chat noir » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:51 pm

captain_flynn wrote:Chat Noir

Do you really think like that? I can't believe theres someone who has the same views on clubs as me. =D>

Yes! before I got with my boyfriend I used to sometimes go out clubbing with my mates (against my will usually) and it would be so depressing - my cofidence was low as all my friends are pretty and slim and I hated watching them pull guys and spend all night dancing with them, when all I got was some weirdo trying to chat me up - clearly taking the mickey! Id go home depressed about myself and how I looked and would just be itching to go home and sit on the sofa with my mum usually!

kinda embarrassing for an 18 year old but it just wasnt my thing! I might enjoy it more if I went with my boyf (ie no pressure to pull) but still standing in a sweaty nightclub blasting out rubbish music until 3am when Im unable to stand any more...not my idea of fun!
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Next

Return to And the rest...