mums addicted. help...

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

mums addicted. help...

Postby Hurting angel » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:44 pm

My mum is totally addicted to painkillers and takes a fair amount of them every single day. Thing is she knows that she has this problem but doesnt care and doesnt even want to think about stopping. I know i cant stop her if she doesnt want to but i was wondering if this addiction can harm her health in anyway??? I dont want her to get ill and it scares the life out of me that she might. She is also taking pescribed anti depressents and i just dont want her to take too many tablets in one day. I dont know im just scared. Please help.xxx :(
It always rains hardest on the people who deserve the sun.
Note to self, I miss you terribly.
Hurting angel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby innocent » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:08 pm

your mum needs to get help..pain killers work by affecting the brain imagine what they could do if taken excessively and as with drugs they are addictive, i understand you must be very worried, im guessing you've told your mum she needs help and shes refused?
the best thing to do is talk to a teacher you can trust or a helpline, they're the only 2 options i can think of....your mum will thankyou in the long run and in the end im sure she'll be a lot happier than she must be feeling now.

all the best xx
innocent
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...