Period Pain

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Period Pain

Postby netballluva » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:20 pm

I can't cope with the pain!! It hurts so much! Everytime I'm on my period i can't funtion! I always ask my mum for a painkiller as it really really hurts! As many of you know :( But my mum says I can't keep having painkillers everytime im on my period but the pain is just to much!! i can't concentrate at school because of the pain! I just want any advice really! Please help me!!!! :cry:
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chat noir » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:29 pm

hey there, could you try going on the pill? it controls periods as well and as soon as I went on it, my periods were instantly lighter and shorter, and much less painful. contraception is free from doctors and GUM clinics at any age.
if you cant go on the pill, believe it or not a bit of gentle exersize does help, even if its just a little walk, or a hot water bottle on your tummy, or a warm bath.

How old are you and when did you start your periods? I started mine when I was 13, and they were so heavy and painful at first but they do usually start to lighten up and hurt less as time goes on.

hope this helps!
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Pwif » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:41 am

Your body's been going through quite a few changes and needs some time to settle down. I was 14 when I started my periods, and they were painful and very heavy. After a short time, they settled down, were less painful and were much lighter.

Some basic things you can do to help yourself:

- regular exercise - even just walking every day. Helps to keep your hormone levels stable
- eat a proper diet - fresh fruit and veg, unprocessed foods
- drink plenty of water
- hot water bottle. The warmth of the bottle increases the blood flow to the pelvic region and relaxes the muscles
- warm bath (same as above)

I would also advise seeing your doctor for further advice. She/he will be used to dealing with your problem (it's one of the most common problems for women). Hope your periods calm down.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby shaolminx » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:14 pm

DRINK MORE WATER!

So simple,but so underrated! Think about it, your uterus is trying to get rid of lots of debris, so needs water to dilute it down. If you are dehydrated it is much harder for the body to do this, so increases the strength of the uterine contractions to compensate - causing greater pain. I bet if you were to drink a large glass of water or fruit squash, within half an hour you will notice the pain isn't quite as bad.

And I totally agree about the healthy diet. Maybe vitamin supplement also would help.
shaolminx
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LostGirl » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:38 pm

Its fine to take painkillers every month when you have period pains as long as you dont go over the recomended dose.
LostGirl
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...