Law and flippin AOL!!!!!!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Law and flippin AOL!!!!!!

Postby Sara_platermen112 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:41 pm

Im unsure as to where to post this however i could really do with sum help!

Rite, first of my mum has been with AOL for 5 years, paying from her farthers account however recently she signed up on her self using direct debit payments. We have prof from bank statements that AOL have received there money however they cut us of the internet around xmas time saying the bills have not been paid yet they have event the bank manager said so! Aol are saying that they had been paid but somehow the bank are retracting the money back.... but when speaking with the bank manager she said its completely impossible to take money back once its been taken from a company. So the bank told my mum to go back with prof from them however aol won't give us any prof due to confidentualily??!!! haha its a joke. So AOL took more money out of my mums account for the months that they "say" had not been paid so my mum has paid two lots now also a bank charge then i think it got all sorted and they apoligies however now yet again, this month they are saying they cannot get the money again!! oh its pathetic!! its waisting OUR phone bill as they won't call us back!

Where on earth do we stand with this... we are on a 12 month contract and cant cancel with the stupid company .. or can we??
Can we claim money back for our phone bill and our time that has been completely waisted ! i dnt no if this is not clear or not as im just really confused and stressed at the moment so please ask me for more information should you need this. xxxxxxx
Sara_platermen112
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lidopig » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:29 am

Hi there!
I suggest you take advice from the citizens advice bureau.It's free.
Nigel
lidopig
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Domus Clamantium » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 pm

I was with AOL, and they are the biggest bunch of *insert expletive* ever!!! Once your with them, they make it VERY difficult for you to leave - they over charged me for months, and I ended up having to cancel my debit card in order to stop them taking money out of my account.

Its very unlikely that you will get the money back for the phone calls, however I would certainly recommend changing provider - you can cancel your Direct Debit at the bank so that they cant take anymore money.
Never Look Back
Domus Clamantium
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Sara_platermen112 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:07 am

Hi,

Yea thats what we wer thinking of doing but thought we may get into trouble??

I will take up ur advice tho hun.

Thanks xxxx
Sara_platermen112
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby crazy_in_love » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:51 pm

basically if you cancel your direct debit it means that AOL will never accept you as customers again, but im sure you wont be too fussed about that will you! you shouldnt have problems in the future tryin to get with someone else, as its a competitive world out there and whoever you go with next will love the fact that you are leaving AOL for them! lots of people have problems with AOL so its not just you unfortunately. what i was thinking was, you said your mum paid from her dads account, so when she made her own, was it a new account she set up with AOL, or did she just transfer the bank details? they could charging you for 2 acounts? am not sure but just a thought!! cancel the direct debit sooner rather than later though.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...