Fluorextine

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Fluorextine

Postby sparkly_star » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:23 pm

I've just been prescribed them; has anyone here used them? Were they helpful?
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:26 pm

What are they for?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Hurting angel » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:41 pm

My mum was on them for depression and they really helped her and she was fine on them. However, i took them for a while and just an hour after taking them they made me sick so it might take your body a while to get used to them. After that though they should be fine.xxx
It always rains hardest on the people who deserve the sun.
Note to self, I miss you terribly.
Hurting angel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sparkly_star » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:57 pm

captain_flynn wrote:What are they for?

They're anti depressants

Hurting angel wrote:My mum was on them for depression and they really helped her and she was fine on them. However, i took them for a while and just an hour after taking them they made me sick so it might take your body a while to get used to them. After that though they should be fine.xxx

Yeah I've been warned they could make me a little worse for a week or so but then I should be relatively ok. I feel sick almost constantly anyway so I doubt it would make much difference to me.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi Sparkly,
I've been on this medication, but it was in 2003/4 - but as far as I remember, they were okay, as in they did calm me down at the time, but personally I got on better with Cipramil. I know some people have experienced bad side effects with Cipramil though.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby kitten » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:09 am

They are the anti-depressants I am on. They did make me feel sick to start with and took about a month to kick in. But they have been really helpful, I've been on them about 2/3 years.

I am coming off them and I'll warn you when you get to that stage you need to do it gradually.

Hope they help you.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...