JOB STRESS!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

JOB STRESS!

Postby suze1984 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:03 am

I currently work within credit control for a large company, I am not a credit controller but deal with payments received, direct debits etc which are normally a big part in a credit conrtollers job.

I have been offered a job as a credit controller within this company but only on a temporary basis for six months with the possibility of being made permenant.

So ive got two choices:

*Stay as I am, job security but not have any experience as a credit controller, making it harder for me to get a job as one in the future or

*Take the job, if it ends after 6 months at least ive got some experience but no job!!

I know id be gutted if someone else got the position and was made permenant after the 6 months but its the chance I might have to take!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
suze1984
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Moose » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:07 pm

I had a very similar problem a while ago -you can read it here. I took people's advice on here, and I am so glad I did take the risk. The job itself only lasted for the few months, but I was then offered another job at the same place which was better - and I wouldn't have been offered it if I hadn't taken the job I was umming and ahhing about! Unfortunately I was made redundant from the place in September last year, but I was able to find work straight away doing something similar. Again, I wouldn't have been able to get this job without the previous ones.

Definitely just take the risk.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby clobo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:36 pm

I would say take the job! My first job within a mobile phone company was only to cover maternity leave. I didn't realise this when I applied but when I was offered the job I was told and took it. After 6 months I was offered a permanent position as the company had expanded so much! It's always worth taking the risk! At least you will have the experience if nothing else! I am now and Operations Manager at a different mobile phone company (which I got with my experience from my last job) so that just goes to show that every little bit helps!!!!
:)clobo:)

clobo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...