some advice needed please

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

some advice needed please

Postby xfayelouisex » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:10 pm

i have a interview on thursday, for a job in retail its a expensive fashion store, i have no idea what to wear, i always have this problem, what is the best thing to wear to a interview of this kind?does anyone else ever have this dilema?my interview is thursday.
thankyou.
faye
mus:- i don't know much but i know i love you and that maybe all i need to know.
xfayelouisex
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby paula501 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:01 am

as long as you arrive smartly dressed then you should have no problem, maybe take into account what they are wearing in the store where you are applying for the job and see if you cn get any inspiration there

good luck
paula501
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby xfayelouisex » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:56 am

thanks, so a smart shirt and black trousers whould be my best bet i guess
mus:- i don't know much but i know i love you and that maybe all i need to know.
xfayelouisex
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby all_apologies » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:04 pm

You could always go in a nice suit or shirt/trousers since it's a formal interview, then dress it up with some more fashionable accessories since it's in a clothes shop.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xfayelouisex » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:41 pm

thanks for the help i ended up in a smart shirt and trousers, now i have a interview at h&m wot sort of clothes would be best to wear there? they dont wear uniform.
xfayelouisex
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby crazy_in_love » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:34 pm

i always opt for black trousers/skirt witha white shirt for any interview, no matter where it is. reason being because it looks smart, and they cant judge you by what your wearing as you can get black trousers and a shirt from anywhere. They wont look at your outfit and think ohh she shops in asda or she goes to dorothy perkins etc. its just a universal outfit and it means they'll look at your personality rather than what your wearing. To be honest when you work in a clothes store you have to wear what they sell in tht store so for the interview they arent bothered what your wearing as you wont be wearing that to worl. Also if they have a uniform, you cant turn up in that uniform so what does it matter what youve got on? clothes shops are more relaxed about what you wear to an interview, i saw someone turn up in jeans and they got the job! You just need to look comfertable and confident and theyll love you.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...