wanna be an actress but.....

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

wanna be an actress but.....

Postby jess123 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:26 pm

hiya,
well i wanna be an actress but have little/no expererience but it is something i am very intrested in and would like to give it a shot.
so bacically i want to know how i would go about getting started. i guess i would need to get some experience first but dont know where to start
please help
xxx
jess123
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby jess123 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:13 am

is anyone able to help me get started??
jess123
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lolly - Pop » Fri May 04, 2007 11:27 am

I would look through the local paper and find a acting club to join most towns have a theatre group. Once you start mixing with other people who are into acting they will be able to help you gain more contacts, I would also join in a with as many productions and plays you can to get experience for your C.V. Also there magazines about in which companies advertise for extras and things, which could try and apply for, personally I would email as many T.V production companies as possible. and ask for work I would even offer to do it for free and the start as it's all about getting experience. :D
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Wild Sage » Fri May 04, 2007 6:17 pm

the first thing you have to do is get noticed join a theater near you and get the best roles you can and take what sounds like good offers. talent scouts regualy check out small theaters the best things to get u noticed are usualy leads in old plays like shakespere or oedipus. also send letters to diferent acting agencys asking for an audition or a try out

p.s always always have a monologe prepared for an aundition it is a common thing they ask you to do.

let me know how it goes 8)
Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
By strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
And when the borders bleed we watch with dread
The lines of ink across the map turn red.
Wild Sage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to And the rest...