I'm not photogenic!

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I'm not photogenic!

Postby piper1692 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:17 pm

Every time I have a picture taken, I look fat, double-chinned, spotty, and my hair is a complete mess. The only pictures of me that I like are my baby photos! How can I change this?
La, la, la. I don't know what to type. Um, well, I like circuit training. But not running! I can't stand running! Not even for the bus, will I run!
piper1692
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby PurePurple » Sat May 26, 2007 5:25 pm

Hey there Piper.. I'm exactly the same as you
I mean take a look at this

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/s ... /ghfgh.jpg

I have a double chin and I look a mess.. What I do is, I keep my head forwards more, so I don't get a double chin.. And I use spot creams, and a bit of make-up does the trick. I sort my hair out by giving it a quick brush or sort out before the photo.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kacie » Sun May 27, 2007 7:42 pm

why don't you get a picture done by a proffesional photographer, it might be a bit expensive but at least you'll have a picture that you'll like
kacie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby The Lady » Wed May 30, 2007 12:08 am

Aww pure purple, you're mega cute!!!
I am seriously unphotogenic, what I try to do is take loads and loads on a digital camera, eventually I get one that's not too bad!!!

XXX :P
The Lady
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LME79 » Wed May 30, 2007 7:36 am

I feel EXACTLY the same. I actually get so bad that I cry when I look at photos of myself because I HATE the way I look. Luckily, I'm good with Photoshop so if there's a picture of me with spots or a double chin, I can adjust that. I hate having to do that because I'd love to be naturally photogenic but I'm just not. Whenever the camera is pointed at me, I always get a bit wooden and end up looking really stupid - it's hard for me to be natural. It's worse when I'm photographed in a group because I know that everyone else around me will look exactly the same, whereas the camera puts about an imaginary stone in weight onto my body. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful, I just thought I'd post to say I'm in the same boat!
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Pwif » Wed May 30, 2007 10:21 am

I think most of us are in the same boat.

In my mind, I look like Grace Kelly of Monaco (graceful, beautiful, slim, all the blokes turn their heads when I walk through the door).

In reality, I look like Vicky Pollard off Little Britain. :-?

It's your personality that counts (easy thing to say, but true). Most people prefer to be friends with kind, caring, considerate people who've got a sense of humour, rather than vacuous beautiful people who spend their whole time in front of the mirror and aren't interested in you at all.

(However, my best friend at school was/is beautiful; photogenic; top of the class; sporty; very popular; and had/has a lovely caring personality). It's not fairrrrr. :evil: :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Wed May 30, 2007 10:35 am

The Lady wrote:Aww pure purple, you're mega cute!!!

Aww Thanks :D

The Lady wrote: what I try to do is take loads and loads on a digital camera, eventually I get one that's not too bad!!!

Same here lol
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby too many problems » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:22 pm

I feel exactly the same but for me the problem mainly seems to lie in my expression. When I smile it always looks REALLY fake and put on, and when I don't smile I always look really grumpy or like I'm about to cry...

But yeah, I just do my best with my hair, make-up, clothes etc and take loads of pics on a digital camera until I get one thats ok.
too many problems
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby bbrown116 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:50 pm

I used to look awful in pictures until someone helped me out. It always helps if you lift up your chin, usually helps if you angle your face so they get 'your best side'. Then all you have to do is think of something thats actually funny to make sure you have a genuine smile and you'll always look great. If you practice poses into a mirror or with a friend eventually you'll find some that work for you; just make sure you don't always do the same one or you'll look the same in every pic...like a cardboard cut-out or something.
bbrown116
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Weasley » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:34 pm

I'm that unphotogenic I just try and avoid any type of camera! I think that's the easiest way! My friends have some brilliant pictures of my hand...
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...