Am I a straight guy in a gay cult?

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Am I a straight guy in a gay cult?

Postby Jumbo_Holden » Fri May 02, 2003 4:35 pm

SEE further below ignore this top bit its nothing now

hi im roger 20 from telford in the UK.. and i have a problem, i have made a friend on the internet with a lad in new jersy USA, we talk every day and have a LOT in common, were not gay or anything but we are real good freinds now... and we have dicded that i will fly over there and visit him in the USA in september, hwoever i have told him EVERYTHIHNG about me APART from one thing, i have a EATING dis-order or im a VERY fussy eater and i more or less live on MARMITE but i do eat things like Roast beef and mash patato.. however i don't like chips, fast food, curry, salad, pizza and a few other things....

but im going over to meet him, I REALLY want too. but what should I do, i can take a jar of marmite over with me easy enough but how do i go about telling him?????

someone please help :roll:
Last edited by Jumbo_Holden on Thu May 08, 2003 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jumbo_Holden
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bubble » Fri May 02, 2003 6:04 pm

I don't think you need to make an issue about it when you tell this guy, cos if you don't, hes likely to not think anything about it. Which from the sounds of it is what you want. Chances are that when it comes to meal times, he will ask you what you want to eat so you will have the freedom to only eat what you want to. You could just mention in passing conversation how you can be quite a fussy eater. I too am fussy, although not as fussy as you. I have to have only a certain brand of margarine and i don't like salad or vegetables. I also love marmite and bovril. :) I don't think this guy will think anything of it at all. It's you he wants to meet after all, i doubt very much he will be bothered.
Hope i've helped?!
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jumbo_Holden » Fri May 02, 2003 11:05 pm

thanks thats made me feel a little bit better:) , im only going for a long weekend tho, but i will be going into manhatan city itself for one of the days, and that may pose a problem... ive got round my problem most of my life.. i go to rock festivals and live on nothing but marmite on cream crackers i take with me becuase i won't eat from the fast food stands, but im in a different country on my own for the 1st time ever, but i can't let this thing ruin my life... thanks for the advice tho.. but remember marmite is unknown over there....!!! you can take a jar in your suitcase surly they allow that???

ok im digging the hole deeper, im going to chill now.. becuase i am looking forward to seeing my friend in person and seeing the sights of the usa very much
Jumbo_Holden
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Gem » Fri May 02, 2003 11:12 pm

I don't think that this will change his opinion of you or anything, you've got nothing to worry about. I think Donna was right in saying that you should just mention it in conversation, that might be best. Try not to let it get to you though, you might find you like other food when you get over there??!! And they do let you take food in your hand luggage, I used to take baked beans over to Germany with me every year when I went to see my dad.....nothing beats Heinz!!!
Who decided what order to put the alphabet in?
Gem

Postby Cazza » Tue May 06, 2003 3:11 pm

LOl, my Best Friend, my boyfriend and my Dad are all sooo fussy when it comes to food, but it isn't a big deal, when we go out we just keep in mind the foods they like and dislike, its not even an issue its just part of what we do now. Don't worry about it babes, just say to him..
Love Carri-Ann x

Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! - Homer Simpson
Cazza
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

thanks for all advice

Postby Jumbo_Holden » Tue May 06, 2003 3:47 pm

glad you took the time to answer with comoforting answers

BUT! i told him that i had 1 small thing i had not told him and he said theres one thing he'd not told me!!!!!

so ive e-mailed him and explained everything and im just waiting for him to e-mail back with his comment and what his 'thing' is..

now all i hopefully have to worry about is the in-flight meal on the plane :o
Jumbo_Holden
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bubble » Tue May 06, 2003 4:21 pm

Glad to hear you came clean hun. You must keep us informed about this intruiging thing he has to tell you..... :-?
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

This tale takes another twist

Postby Jumbo_Holden » Wed May 07, 2003 2:25 pm

He has NO problem with my eating habits WHAT-SO-EVER .. however this tale now has took a BIGGER twist

my friend is gay, i have no problem with that what-so-ever either, im straight but he has stated that were FRIENDS and he likes me a friend not a lover.....

i'll have to go into more deatail now and ask something... see what it is we are both MENTAL about the old US tv show 'bewitched' know it anyone???? well we both have a fasionation with it ...I am not HOMOPOBLIC in any sense... but am i write in thinking that im a stright guy who has wandered into what is actully a gay cult????

not that it will change my mind if it is????
Jumbo_Holden
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby danielle » Wed May 07, 2003 3:04 pm

i know the show ur on about its the one wear she wiggles he nose isnt it.
and just cus u both like the same tv show dont mean ur in a gay cult it just means u have some thing in common, i mean i like it does that mean i have wondered into a gay cult.
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Cazza » Thu May 08, 2003 11:18 am

Bewitched is a very popular TV and it does have quite a high gay following, as for it being a gay cult TV show I think no. It was a cool show! Alot of different people like it. and even if it was, whats the problem? A good show is a good show in my book hehe

Be sure and let us know if you have anymore dirt lol ;-)
Love Carri-Ann x

Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! - Homer Simpson
Cazza
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jumbo_Holden » Thu May 08, 2003 1:57 pm

well i have posters of it all over my wall

but im worried it may make people think im gay
shall i take them down?
Last edited by Jumbo_Holden on Thu May 08, 2003 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jumbo_Holden
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby danielle » Thu May 08, 2003 2:00 pm

why do u care what people think about ?
as the people u care for u the most will like u whether u have them posters up or not .
i think u need to ask ur self why u r taking them down is it cus u dont want to be judged or cus ur gay friend likes to show to?
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jumbo_Holden » Thu May 08, 2003 2:06 pm

No i love this show.. that will never change.. and i still im going to meet my friend

but my parents have always had a thing about it.. i have t-shirts of it too, but ive not worn them in public

have a look at my room for your self

www.geocities.com/swift_jumboholden/me.htm *pictures 10-19*
(note they are quite big)

i mean i could go to my regular bewitched forum and ask how many of the males on there are gay... but then they would think id got something agaisnt gays UNDERSTAND I HAVN'T
Jumbo_Holden
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Thu May 08, 2003 3:51 pm

Where did you get the idea that you are in a cult?

Is there a leader?
Are there religious ceremonies and rituals?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

SOME JUICY DIRT

Postby Jumbo_Holden » Sun May 11, 2003 12:02 am

i feel a little better now cuas ive been on my regular bewitched board and asked the question and i got this responce

Dear Bewitched Fan 2K, I am making an assumption that you are very young, and that your parents care a great deal for you and have their own reasons for telling you the things that they have to this point. Since I have already stated that I am assuming that you are very young, I will continue in that premise for the sake of this response. I do not wish to offend you in any way, and please forgive me if my assumptions about your age and your parents are incorrect. I would be remiss if I did not state right here and right now that it does NOT matter in the first place whether Bewitched has a large gay following. You have stated that you have nothing against gays personally; my assumption that you are very young remains until you inform me otherwise. You have stated that your parents are the reason for the advice seeking statement; again, it is my assumption that your parents love you very much. It is further my assumption that your parents have not shown you sufficient proof of the claim that has been made, or you would not have come with a sincere heart to inquire. I thank you for your inquiry and hope you are old enough to arrive at the conclusion you are meant to arrive with the facts and information available while you learn about the show in front of the camera and from behind the scenes in the future on your return visits. Many here have a wealth of knowledge that they can share with you via the Internet, this board, and e-mail. This is my opinion and it is from my perspective. It is possible and probable that Bewitched has a following of fans some of which are gay. As it is possible and probable, that other shows have a following of fans some of which are gay. To the best of my knowledge, we have not ever taken a poll or asked for a show of hands for who is and is not gay. Further, I do not believe that other shows that have a following of fans have done likewise either. What goes on between two people is between those two people and G-d. Bewitched is a love story about a couple (man and a woman) that is married whose origins are from two separate worlds. One of which is a Witch the other is a mortal. In the days when Bewitched first aired, the show, considered by some to be satanic, and many connected with it were criticized for promoting devil worship, because Samantha the loving wife was a witch. Agnes Moorehead portrayed Samantha’s mother Endora. Agnes Moorehead is an upstanding Christian woman who at every opportunity shared her Christian faith with anyone and everyone not as in shoving it down anyone’s throat; it was with dignity and qualities becoming a Christian Woman. This was in the 1960’s a time when the United States was emerging from isolationism. The isolationism had to do with isolation from facing life, as it really existed than from staying away from other countries. The topics covered in Bewitched are vast and included prejudice as well as discriminations. These topic and others were handled tactfully and Bewitched provided generations with tangible results and methods for overcoming ignorance (lack of awareness) of other cultures. Samantha’s family is comprised of witches and warlocks they pop in and out of the Stephen’s house on a regular basis. Many of Samantha’s relatives did not like mortals and looked at mortals as if they were inferior. Some witches that did not feel this way, accepted Darrin and all mortals as living, breathing creatures and showed their acceptance by sitting down and speaking with the mortals. The mortals including those within Darrin’s family were unaware that Samantha’s family comprised witches. Samantha had a secret and "they" kept it as such throughout the span of the show. Samantha was a closet witch...oh my, what a scandal it would be if the world knew that there was a living breathing witch in their midst. Samantha kept the witch world secret from the mortal world and promised Darrin that she would try not to use her powers. This promise annoyed Samantha’s mother Endora who felt and vocalized that Samantha should not be anything other than who she is and she should be proud of her heritage. The interactions between Endora and Darrin were interesting to say the least. Never boring and always action packed. The interactions between Darrin, Samantha, his and her families, as well as other mortals varied each week and there was always a lesson from each episode. The most important aspect never changed love is love. Understandings reached, were on levels that were way ahead of their time. Bewitched is about love, acceptance, and keeping silent when appropriate. It is never appropriate to remain silent when there is prejudice or discrimination present. Ignorance (lack of awareness) can be ended by education. When someone makes a claim that something is a certain way, regardless of it perpetuating negativity, that claim needs a base in facts. If a claim is of an opinion, then that situation needs immediate clarity that the base is in opinion only. Opinion and fact are sometimes the same and sometimes they are not. Fact based opinion is by far the better of the two. In that instance, an informed conclusion can be reached. Wrong conclusions can be derived when using incorrect facts; they (the facts) do need to be researched. For anyone to conclude that Bewitched, has a large gay following seems to be an incorrect conclusion. I will grant that some of the fans probably are, and since some are that means that some are not. The number of gay fans and the number of not gay fans as stated earlier to the best of my knowledge has never been enumerated. Based on this the conclusion that there is a large gay fans following is an incorrect conclusion. That your parents are concerned about you admitting to being a fan of Bewitched because people might view their child (you) as being gay, that is something for you and them to work out together. I CAN tell you that gay is not contagious, no one who is gay that I have encountered and this is from my perspective would ever infringe on another’s space without permission. I know this not because I am gay, I know this because I know people that are gay. They are darned good people, whose lifestyle while different from mine our lives have meshed in that we love the show Bewitched. It is a bond unlike any other. WE are Bewitched FOREVER.....I wouldn’t have it any other way....

(bewitched_fan_2k is my handle on bewitched boards, im jumbo_holden everywhere elese for the record)
Jumbo_Holden
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to And the rest...