What to do?

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What to do?

Postby chosenfew » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 pm

I havent been on here for a while but i have a problem and i dont know what to do....

Me and my friend moved to leeds and we both got jobs there. whilst saving for a deposit for our own flat we were staing at a friends house for free and just buying our own food ect. Last week i had an argument with the friends whos house it is and i came back home. Im still working in leeds as i need the money to save for the deposit still. The thing is i cant afford to be paying 60 quid a week to get to work and i dont drive. My other friend is still there so she is ok. Being totally honest i dont want to even move there now BUT i hate living at home with my parents.
SO what do i do?
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby airwick » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:11 pm

i don't know anything about paying for cost of living or anything like that as i'm not quite at that stage but depending on what the argument was about it can't hurt to talk to the person about whatever it was? maybe offer to pay a little towards the rent as you said you have to pay around £60 if you ever want to travel so offer less than that and your saving money :) look for the positives :)
airwick
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby chosenfew » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:22 pm

i dont wanna go back there. we argued coz the house was a mess and all i did was clean and one night i got fed up and told them they should help which they thought was cheeky as it was their house. io think coz i was living there free they expected me to do all the work even thou i wasnt getting till till 8.30 to 9pm each night.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby forever_in_love » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:29 am

Is there nowhere u can live in leeds for less than £60 a week? How long will it take u to make the money for deposit? It doesnt sound like living there will work out for you. Too much of a clash regarding housework. It's not fair to make u do all the work just cos ur not paying, if she's a friend and helping you out. But i think i would take a little offense if someone said my house was a mess when i let them stay for free. Maybe you should try and patch things up with her but not live togehter. Perhaps then she could recommend a friend of hers that u might live with where it might be less messy?
forever_in_love
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chosenfew » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:09 pm

Thanks for the reply but none of you are answering my question you just talking about the things i already know im not going to do and already have done :evil:
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:04 pm

Shush now, chosenfew, calm down hun.

First thing I thought was, surely you can rent for the same price as commuting? Have you checked that out? You don't say whether you have or not, sweet pea. Come on, tell us what you have tried before shouting at us for suggesting it... :o

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bev » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:51 am

Chosenfew is it that you don't ever want to live in Leeds or that you don't want to go back to the house that you were living at before the arguement?

If it's because you don't want to live in Leeds full stop now or in the near future, then you are going to have to tell your friend who you are supposed to be saving up for a flat with, she needs to know.

£60 a week on traveling is a lot of money, so heres an idea, since you are currently working, try and find a job closer to home. Ok you won't be working with your friend any more at your current job, but it seems to me that your friend isn't actually making your life any easier. You didn't say whether your friend who went to leeds with you actually helped you whilst you were staying at the house in leeds.

Living with parents is hard and even harder when you have made plans to move out, but if you really want to move out as soon as possible, theres other places you can try like looking for a shared house for the time being. Or maybe depending where you live, have a search for cheap caravans for hire. Theres so many options for people who are working.

Like i said, it depends if you mean you don't want to ever live in leeds or just don't want to live there now until you have saved enough up for a flat.
Bev
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby chosenfew » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:33 pm

no the reason im on here is for advise of what to do....

im not going back to the place i used to be in (johns) coz i was only stayin there till i had enough to get my own place with another friend kate.

the problem is that i dont want to go to leeds anymore or live kate. BUT i dont want to live at home either coz i dont get on with mum or dad.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...