University

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

University

Postby jo0710 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:00 am

I am really really worried about University.

I am studying to be a trainee teacher in PE, but I weigh in at around 13 stone and I start Uni in just over 5 weeks.

I want to lose weight so that I can be a good PE teacher but I seem to be sturggling.

Can anyone help me?!

Plus I am really worried about what people will think of me as well.

Am I just being stupid?
jo0710
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby forever_in_love » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:46 pm

Hey there! You don't say how tall you are or how much physical activity you do. I'm guessing you must be interested in sports if you are going to do PE at uni! How often a week would you do some form of exercise? All these things need to be taken into account. It may be that you are just muscular because of sports, in which case i'm sure you'll be a brilliant PE teacher. It's not all about the figures. Do you feel comfortable with your body if you discount the figures? Do you feel physicall fit. If the answer to these questions is yes, then u sound ready for uni. If you don't feel fit, then I would just suggest doing some exercise before you start so it's not too much of a shock to the system when you start.
As for what people will think about you. I'm sure the people on your course would be more likely to worry what others thought of them, rather than judging you. If you're physically fit and friendly, that's all that matters. Good luck at uni.
forever_in_love
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby bellajennie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:00 am

PE teaching is all about how you interact with the people you are with. How many of your pe teachers weren't all lithe machines in fact I hardly ever saw any of mine run at all. You have three years to be the best person you can and as I expect you are at uni now you'll see that uni food takes a good stone off anyone anyway. Plus you'll be active and doing more sport at college. Don't worry. It sounds like you care enough about being a good teacher, so I'm sure you will be!
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...