I need the morning after pill soon and I really don't want..

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I need the morning after pill soon and I really don't want..

Postby fraise » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:29 pm

I need the morning after pill soon and I really don't want to go by myself. I don't really know why I'm writing this on here but I was just looking for some comfort. My boyfriend is at work so can't come with me. I have all day tomorrow 'cause I work on sundays and not saturdays like him. I don't have any close friends who live near me - I moved recently. I don't know what to do. I'm really scared about going in and asking by myself. Has anyone ever bought one before? What process do you go through? How long does it take? I don't really know why I'm worried. I suppose it's 'cause I don't want people to judge me - I'm 16 and I look about 14. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
fraise
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby brfc » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:23 am

being a saturday and the docs not open you would have to go to a chemist. the pill nomally costs about 20 pound from there. my partner went in the other week. only took a few minutes. just see the pharmisist.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby yessica » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:19 am

I've done it before and I went by myself too. I went in and asked if they sold the morning after pill 'cause I didn't know what else to call it. The assistant then asked me how old I was and if I'd bought one before. She then walked off to find someone else who told me to go to a hatchett-type-thing at the other side of the room. This other woman asked me several Qs about any medication I'm taking, if I 'd taken one before, why I thought I needed it and she also asked me some Qs about my periods. I think that was about it and then she talked me through how to take it and any possible side effects and then asked me if I had any Qs. She was very nice and put me at ease. The fact that you've recently moved is probably a plus 'cause less people will recognise you. I would pick a quiet day to go in. I hope you've got it already and it wasn't too bad. I was a bit embarassed at first but I suppose there's no reason to be.

I remember talking to my mum about the morning after pill when I was younger and said that I would tell her and she said she would want to know so she could come in with me. But I didn't tell her 'cause I didn't want her to split me up from my bf even though it was perfectly legal.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby crazy_in_love » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:31 pm

its quite concerning that nobody who has posted on here has said the main important thing and that is to just have protected sex!

You wouldnt be embarrassed if you had just used some protection. You should really be considering some form of regular protection.

If you go to the doctors however it is free, there are also a few walk in clinics you can go to but you will need to find one in your area.

I am not saying taking the monring aftre pill is bad, its a sensible thing to do, but you should be more concerned about not being pregnant then any embarrassment caused.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby yessica » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:21 pm

fraise is going to get the pill and so she clearly is concerned about not getting pregnant - not that theres anything wrong with pregnancy. why do u need the morning after pill? she couldve had protected sex. contraception isnt 100% effective. the condom could have split or come off.

you cant go to the doctors at the weekend. its not open. no where is free at the weekend which is rly stupid cos thats when alot of people will need the pill.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby kitten » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:41 am

You can actually get the morning after pill from casulty departments out of hours - in an emergency - its not the best use of their resources but worth knowing.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby crazy_in_love » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:33 pm

if she had protected sex there should be no need to feel embarrassed. I personally wouldnt have time to worry about what other people think, they will be the same people who give you dirty looks and say not another teen mother!

Im saying that you should thin about long term protection instead on the morning after pill. if your on the pill you dont use condoms usually anyway but you dont go and take the morning after pill each time you have sex? If you had an accident on the pill youd already be pregnant and the morning after pill wouldnt work anyway.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...