Being Myself

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Being Myself

Postby netballluva » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:50 pm

The problem is that I find it hard ti be myslef when I meet someone for the first time. When Ive met them a couple of times im really confident and can be myself and have a laugh. But on a first meeting I get scared and really really shy and tend to not say much so then I get worried that the person thinks im boring.

Im worrying about this as my friend has suggested that me and her best friend meet because she thinks we will get on really well. Im really nervous about it because my friend will have told her about all the laughs we have had and all the hilarious things we have done together, but I wont be like that the first time i meet her.. even though I would like to be. I guess im just looking for some advice on how to just relax and act like me!

xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chosenfew » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:26 pm

i would advise that you make a joke about you being shy when first meeting people OR jusy come out with it straight and tell her friend this. Everyone gets shy sometimes, i always say this to people who i first meet and they dont think im boring they understand and they feel the same there just ashamed to say it like i was.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...