Pill Problem

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Pill Problem

Postby x Cheeky x » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 am

hi,
iv been takin the pill for about two years nearly, iv never missed a pill or stopped for any reason. i herd that it can be good if you take a month out of taking your pill so just wondered wether i should do this?
and if i do when do you start taking them again? I remember when i first ever took the pill the doctor told me to begin taking them on the first day of my period, would i do this again? or would you take it as if you haddnt missed a month and carry on as normal after a 7 day break?
Hope all that makes sence :-? lol

xx
x Cheeky x
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kitten » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:13 am

I have been taking the pill for about 8 years and never had a break, you don't really need to.

You can take packets back to back if you don't want a period at a particular time e.g. if you are off on a big holiday and you don't want the inconvience.

But I don't think there is any harm in just carrying on taking them as normal.

If you had a break you'd have to use extra protection and then start them again as if you were just starting taking the pill.

But best to check with your Doctor.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...